“Ewww”
Review of Grouse Inn

Grouse Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Check in clerk was rude and very unhelpful, not a pleasant check in due to the strong smell of urine in the main office. If this wasn't the only hotel available this past weekend, there is NO way we would have checked in. upon first impression the rooms seemed pleasant enough. I was not impressed with the smell in my room the next morning though... it was like all of a sudden the febreeze in our room wore off and we were left with a gross smell in there too. Maid service wasn't very helpful, my room had a full garbage the whole time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in! I changed rooms three times, the first one smelled so bad of mold you could smell it before you even opened the door, the second room was so dirty the bedding had huge stains and they looked fresh, the third room looked and smelled better but in the evening i killed 6 carpenter ants that were coming out of a hole in a pot light had to stuff the lights with towels to keep them out! When i asked to talk to the manager i was told i couldn't because he had the day off??? when i did finally talk to the manager he was very rude to me! he did finally give me a refund and tell me to get out of his hotel. I do not recommend anyone stay here if you need a nice hotel to stay in north Vancouver stay at the North Vancouver hotel it was very nice! hell even a cardboard box on the street would be better then the Grouse hotel!

Room Tip: Go to North Vancouver Hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bev D
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked a suite and a room for myself and 5 of my children while we were attending an event in downtown Vancouver. I didn't know what to expect because the rates were so low and included a free buffet breakfast and free parking. I was pleasantly surprised to find that although the rooms are definitely dated, they are in good condition, very clean, and very comfortable. The breakfast was adequate and had a decent variety of choices. It only takes 5 minutes to drive to downtown Vancouver (10 minutes during rush hour) so its very convenient to getting to anything you could want to do in the city. We'll be attending the same event next year and I will book this place again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This motel is very old and dated BUT the price is reasonable and location convenient. Continental breakfast is not bad and the room was basically clean. Most front desk people here are not friendly and maid service not great. They made our bed and left clean towels but didn't give us more coffee or coffee cups. We had a kitchenette and the drinking glasses are more like juice glasses.

Room Tip: You wouldn't want a room on the Marine Drive side but most others are set back enough that road...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night when I needed to stay overnight in North Vancouver and only needed a cheap clean place to sleep.

The room I had was clean, and basic, nothing fancy. 2 queen beds, a table, TV, and fridge and basic usual's towels, soap shampoo.

The motel appears older and doesn't appear to have been renovated anytime recently.

The front desk clerk at check in was quiet, but efficient and overall it was a quick check in experience, same clerk for check out.

The wi-fi was a little spotty, I did have some issues connecting, and some slowness but overall it worked for checking emails.

The room was pretty quiet until morning when housekeeping started, you could hear them talking and their carts upstairs, so it was a bit hard to sleep past 8am.

They do offer a free breakfast although I did not go, so not sure how it is.

There is plenty of parking and its free. Its a good alternative to downtown Vancouver motels where parking can get a bit pricey since free parking in Vancouver hotels is becoming scarce, only a 20 minute drive from Downtown Vancouver or about a 20 minutes bus ride, and the bus stops right outside the motel. So if on a budget and can't find something in Vancouver proper this is a good alternative.

As long as you go in with the mindset that this is an older hotel, and as long as you don't expect 3 star or higher accommodations, this motel is reasonable for the price I paid which was 53 for the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jsmth322
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The most disgusting inn I even stayed.................................................
Room is dark, dirty bed sheets, dirty, noisy and a smelly bathroom! Breakfast was the worst I ever had..
Never again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Miranda S
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Grouse Inn. The hotels' website pictures were a little misleading but for the price we payed, we were still very happy with our stay. The continental breakfast was outstanding; cereal, waffles, pastries, granola, hard boiled eggs, variety of juices and coffees. The beds were comfortable and the rooms smelled wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelF0RTravelsSake
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Gastown
Patricia Hotel
Patricia Hotel
#78 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Grouse Inn? Share your experiences!