“Nice stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Vilseck
“Nice stay”
Reviewed May 31, 2006

Spent memorial day weekend at this hotel. Very clean, nice rooms. A little older but had some recent remodeling. Room was nice, had a microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker, sink, and silverware and dishes. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Great location. Short drive to downtown and Stanley park and very quiet at night. Just a few minutes to Capilano suspension bridge. Nice, safe neighborhood.
Only drawback was small, crowded breakfast area. Had toast, english muffins, cereal and fruit, and some sort of juice, Tang I think. Area was hard to move around in and it was hard to access toaster and condiments. On our last morning they had run out of most items and I saw an employee buying bread from across the street. Other than that it was a nice and convenient location to stay at.

8 Thank relativelyirish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
St. Catharines, ON
Reviewed April 16, 2006

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn North Vancouver. It is in a nice location-away from downtown. A short drive from Capilano Bridge and Grouse Mountain. It is a short drive to downtown. The front desk staff are pleasurable and helpful. The room was clean with fridge and microwave (which were handy). The television had a couple movie channels that played non-stop movies, which was nice. Bathroom was a little outdated and old looking. Breakfast was cereal, toast, apples, oj and tea/coffee. This was helpful, when you wanted to get a quick start in the morning. The only negative thing that happened was when the maid walked in on us in a compromising position one morning. We did not hear any knocks (like any hotel associate should do before entering a guestroom) and she did not close the door quickly. We did not hear any excuse me or sorry either. It was more embarrassing than anything else. But overall we enjoyed our stay at Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank Mother_Bates_8
Sacramento
Reviewed August 20, 2005

After reading the reviews I thought I would try this hotel. The pictures on the website are a bit misleading. It also mentions that it's 1/2 mile away from the aquarium. Trust me you are not walking to the aquarium from this hotel.

The room I stayed at (as is the whole hotel) is right near a major roadway (Which leads to the freeway) If you are looking for a quiet place to stay this is not it. The room was so so, we ended up with a room that was a bit larger than the others. It had a king size bed, tv, frig and coffee maker. The bed spread had some cigarette burns, which I found strange since we were in a not smoking room. The window of the room looked into the court just above the pool. The back of the room faced the major road. The nice rooms looked like they were in the courtyard next to the reception desk.

The morning breakfast they provide is not much. I was a bit supprised they did not serve decaf coffee. And I'm not sure what the orange juice was, but my best guess would be Tang.

The staff was helpful. I was somewhat disappointed with the hotel. If you do stay here ask for the rooms all the way in the back, farthest away from the roadway.

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank SacTown

Travelers are raving about these North Vancouver hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2005

My family recently stayed at this hotel and were very pleased with the service. The price was reasonable, and included free parking. The lady at the front desk was very helpful at getting us pointed towards the area's attractions, and even provided us with coupons to help save on admission at the suspension bridge. The room was clean and comfortable and appeared to have recently been updated with new furniture. I'll have no trouble recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North America
Reviewed August 7, 2004

We were given the daunting task of finding affordable, clean accomodation in Vancouver as we were attending a wedding on the long weekend in August. Good luck, I thought, after spending hours on the internet and not finding anything in a reasonable distance from Stanley Park under $200.00 a night. Lo, and behold, another google search ended up with the Canyon Court Inn and Suites (now known as a Comfort Inn). An early booking gave us a $119/night rate!!! Apprehension about the motel on arrival was chased away on arrival; our kitchenette was obviously recently redecorated, it had a comfortable bed, and it was so clean you could eat off the floor. We were very impressed with how clean our suite was, and with the staff service. Our sink was plugged on arrival, and there was an immediate offer to have our room changed. Since we didn't feel like changing rooms after a 12-hour drive, our sink was promptly unplugged in the morning. There is complimentary continental breakfast, and it is very basic, Tang and toast or english muffins. However, with the room rate we weren't complaining. The pool is also very clean and well-maintained. I must also mention all the staff we had encounters with were extremely pleasant, and accomodating. This place is a total gem!! I would not hesitate to stay here again. Hopefully, as it becomes a Comfort Inn, the quality will stay the same. Very conveniently located near the Lion's Gate Bridge and Grouse Mountain.

6 Thank Lady_World_Traveller
Northern Calif
Reviewed July 19, 2004

I made res for this hotel weeks before our trip through their 1-800 central reservations. I called the actual hotel desk clerk the day before we left and asked if everything was set with our reservation. They said they had never been faxed anything about our reservation from their central reservation center, that they were changing owners, and were now a "Comfort Inn".
I kind of paniced because we needed a room for the following night, and they said I didn't have a reservation. I was a little miffed. They finally set us up with a reservation at the same price I had been quoted, but when we got there the room wasn't what we had originally been promised, one with a full kitchen. Instead we were given one with a mini fridge only, for the same price. I thought we were given a downgrade because of the mix up, and it wasn't our problem that they were switching ownership. We won't be staying there again.

2 Thank laurfar
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2004

Tired of 'faceless' hotels?
Stay at Canyon Court and experience hospitality at its best.
Courteous, ever smiling , eager to help staff from Casey who 'answers the phone' to the 'housekeepers and groundsmen' who will ensure you have a comfortable delightful and restful stay in this gem of a neighbourhood.
Bashir this is a credit to you and your good nature- incidentally that's the owner, he's always at hand and guess what happy to sit down and chat over a coffee at breakfast...Thanks for the memories

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member