All reviews lions gate bridge stanley park yogurt grouse mountain free breakfast included in the room rate free parking an older property budget hotel bus stop convenient location minute drive the general manager tourist attractions room was large the trans canada highway room was clean and comfortable
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is by far the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed at. I had a full suite for the weekend and it was basically like a small one bedroom apartment. Nicely decorated with flatscreen in living and bedrooms. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast has scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles in addition to the usual cold selections at a Choice Hotel. Price for the suite was half the price of a standard room at most hotels in Canada. Stay here because overall you cant get any better!

Room Tip: Suite is the way to go based on reasonable price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank dcedlr
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The rooms here were very clean and had all that you would need for a few nights stay. The breakfast was very basic, I didn't eat any but my daughter enjoyed the muffins. The bed was fine, I'm glad that I didn't have to sleep on the pullout cause you could feel the springs. The rooms were very small but ok. The closeness to the ferry is what sold me. I would stay here again but I would ask for a room that wasn't so close to the check inn. We had people walking by our room and we could hear all the noise. All in all the hotel was what we needed. Just a little small

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank ukeejeni
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The room was comfortable, clean (for the most part. I'll get to that.), had a location that made it easy to get around by car, had a kitchenette, and we only paid about $60 a night. It's an older place and a little worn, but it's not like the paint is peeling off the walls or anything. My only complaint is that, When we arrived, there was a sticky stain in the kitchenette from some spilled coffee (I think). I asked twice for it to be cleaned but it never was. I finally cleaned it myself.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank svelteassassin
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is an older built motel, but clean. If you don't want to spend a large chunk of change and only staying while you shop or visit, this motel would meet your needs. Paint has been applied with modern colour selection but you can hide it is an older motel but the location is great if you have to Visit North Vancouver and return to the ferry.
If you are sports minded it is easy access to the sporting facilities that North Vancouver has to offer and just a skip and jump over the Lions Gate Bridge to downtown Vancouver and English Bay.

Room Tip: If your not fussy and just want to put your head, this motel will do.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FCFireConsulting
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is an acceptably average hotel with nothing outstandingly good or bad.

Good: Quite near the Trans Canada Highway, low price, clean, good breakfast with sufficient variety, pleasant helpful staff, well-equipped room.

On the other hand, it looks like it was built in the 50s or 60s and the room decor is of that era, although clean and in good repair. Also the walls are thin enough that we heard other guests.

The rooms are in three buildings: The one near the road where the office is, and two others further back on the other side of the parking lot. The main building has a courtyard with the exterior hallways facing inward toward it. On the one hand, that arrangement effectively shields the rooms from street noise, but on the other hand noise from within the courtyard ricochets back and forth. A pond and greenery make the courtyard attractive.

All in all, it's a reasonable place to stay and we have no regrets, especially considering the price.

Room Tip: Second floor in the building farthest from the street should be quietest.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple