“Amazing tour”
Review of Deep Cove Kayak

Deep Cove Kayak
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in North Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Cove Canoe and Kayak Centre is Vancouver’s premier paddling location. With one of the largest fleets in Canada, we offer rentals of high quality single and double ocean kayaks, stand up paddleboards (SUP), surf skis and canoes that will suit a wide range of paddling styles and experience levels. Our highly acclaimed kayak school offers a wide range of lessons and tours. We are also happy to arrange private group bookings for your family outing, office event or school group. With an emphasis on safety, our rentals, lessons and tours provide you with all the gear that you will need for a great day on the water.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing tour”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Finding deep cove was easy to get to using the public bus. I was met by my tour guide Allan, a fellow scot who talked us through everything we needed to know. Allan had lots of knowledge about the local area and even fed us doughnuts, great day out!

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great West Coast Experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I have rented kayaks through Deep Cove Canoe and Kayaks on several occasions. The last trip was with my coworkers. Most of us had single kayaks, and two rented stand-up paddle boards. The staff who helped us get set up were very friendly as they got us on our way.

We chose to take the paddle out to Jug Island. This is a nice one because it is not too far (important for the first time paddle boarders), and there is a beach to stop for a picnic. We did a potluck picnic, which was a blast. The beach at Jug Island looks nice for swimming too.

Along the way, we got to paddle close to a big tanker boat, which was neat to see. The surrounding mountains, trees and oceanscape are stunning too of course. I find gliding over the water to be so peaceful and inspiring.

I have no hesitation recommending this activity to tourists, locals, and businesses. This really does make for a tranquil, delightful way to unwind. And for business, this is a great team-enhancing activity.

Don't forget to bring water, sunscreen, hat, and dry bag for your wallet/phone. I recommend also wearing quick dry pants, and layers to adjust to the temperature. Also, getting out at a beach for a picnic is a must to make the most of your experience. Enjoy!

The Netherlands
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Excellent service and scenery”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We called the place one day beforehand and they said, that it's no use reserving a kayak since they never knew with the wind conditions whether it would be possible to go out. So we just went down there one morning and got lucky :-) We rented a 2-person kayak and after a short intro we were good to go. We kayaked for about 2 hours around the little islands in Deep Cove and saw some great stuff (including the mansions on the island - who owns an island????), lots of birds, purple seastars etc.
It was a great experience at an OK price. Also, we were able to leave our backpack at the rental place.
Afterwards we did a little hike around the area and got the look out.

Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not the friendliest manager!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I tried to reach out prior to my trip regarding kayak reservations via their contact page. Don't waste your time trying to reach them through the webpage, just call.
When I arrived I was told I couldn't do the solo kayak because I didn't know the solo rescue procedure. Makes sense, however I rented a car and planned a day around starting kayaking in the morning. She was very standoffish and I felt like she could present this information a lot better!

The only other option was the tour that didn't start till the afternoon. The tour guide was awesome and if you're new to kayaking like the gal in our group he towed most of the time he will still make the experience worthwhile because the scenery is absolutely beautiful!

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience & service”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Some friends & I rented single person Kayaks and had a fantastic couple of hours on the ocean, surrounded by stunning scenery.
We failed to make an advance reservation and the Kayaks were booked up for the day, but the staff were fantastic and did all they could to offer us a means of being on the water.
The staff were so helpful in general and ensured we all felt comfortable with the safety briefing/general instructions, before we went into the water.
If you have never been on a Kayak before, then these are amazing boats to learn in.
We will definitely be back!

Visited May 2013