“Annoying music interference mars this great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe for Contemporary Art - CLOSED

Cafe for Contemporary Art
Cuisines: Cafe, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: Café for Contemporary Art is an independent art space featuring both international and local artists; is an amazing café serving the most thoughtfully roasted (and sourced) beans predominantly from 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters; is a great place to get soup; is home to Matthew Craig's signature spelt brownies (best ever!); is a great place for kids to come and draw; is home to periodic literary and musical events; is across from the Pinnacle Hotel on East Esplanade in North Vancouver's emerging Lower Lonsdale neighbourhood.
Vancouver, Canada
“Annoying music interference mars this great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

On two visits to CAFCA, I've been distracted by hearing both music playing in the kitchen and music playing in the restaurant. The cook listens to his own choice of music while "mood" music is played through the main sound system. When I mentioned this to the staff I was just told that the cook likes to listen to his own music. For anyone who pays attention to background music this will be a problem. Apart from that, the food is great and the coffee is good. I love the idea of supporting a place that supports the arts. It's worth a visit but take along ear plugs or listen to your own music on head phones :-)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Geraldine M

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Perfect Taco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

They could definitely do a "best thing I ever ate" show on these tacos! I am not usually a fan of the taco, but driving down from a hike on Mt Seymour, I saw this place listed with great reviews , so what the heck!? I had a pulled pork, slaw and cilantro, and a beef brisket taco. They were both wonderful! My wife, who doesn't eat met, ordered the sweet potato taco, and raved over the caramelized sweet potatoe and spicy dressing! We both enjoyed their jasmine tea, she hot, me iced, and finished it up with Two sister's gluten free cake and cookie. Now I never bother to look for gluten free, and occasionally have tried a GF product which tastes ... Almost as good as.. Etc. the GF cookie Ginger and molasses was delicious. Period.

What a great place, and thanks Tripadvisor, or we never would have found it!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bciliberto
North Vancouver, Canada
“Best fish taco ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently tried the fish taco at this place at the urging of my wife. She has travelled alot in Mexico and other Latin countries and she said this was a taco like she use to have when she was in Mexico that you would get at one of the taco stands. I tried it and I too have to say that it is an amazing tasting taco, it might be the creamy coleslaw or the pumpkin mole but something gives it awesome flavor. The lattes are excellent and it is quite the little cafe as they have an art exhibit as well. Stop by if you are in the neighbourhood and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dan H
Seattle, Washington
“Wishing every city had a cafe this good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tacos and coffee? Why not, when both are made with such attention to tastiness? The tacos are the standout, and if we could, we would eat here on every visit to Vancouver. They outshine many of the dishes at more established restaurants nearby. My favorite was the tamale taco, which was flavorful, healthy and everything an afternoon snack should be. I regret not taking some of their beans home with us, but it only makes for an excuse to return soon to try a few more tacos and spend some time relaxing over a big cup of joe.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LoladeTiburon
San Francisco, California
“Artisanal coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

this place is a coffee shop, taco shop and art gallery...all in one. They do all 3 quite well too! Get a taco and a capuccino for dessert!

Visited May 2012