“Will be back”

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Will be back”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We live a walk away from this place. Went to it before and it was good. It is now under a new name/management. I took my hubby there, I think it was a Friday. It was very buzy but we got a table, a little japanese secluded booth, a nice romantic surprise (new from our last visit? ) except for the group of non stop giggling young girls in the booth beside us.
I had the Ebi sunomono salad which was quit different than the one I am used too. We shared beef tereaki, Yakatori and tempora sweet patatoes and prawns. The good thing about Japanese food is that the food is mostly healthy and one rarely feels too full like after eating a steak. All the food was very fresh tasting, cooked in fresh oil with no after taste that some other restaurants. The service was prompt and polite.
Go work out you appetite hicking up the quarry rock it takes about 1hr to 1.5 hr back. It`s a hike that takes you up and down and it is very scenic or simply have a romantic walk along the water...

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank maddykay

Vancouver, BC
“Best Sushi hands down”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is the place where we always go for sushi, simply because it's the best! They may be a little pricier but it's worth it and you can tell the seafood they use is of superior quality! If you want to try REALLY GOOD sushi, this is the place for you! If you can get a table outside on a sunny evening it's a grea place to people watch and take a walk along the beach afterwards!!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Connie W
Batesville, Indiana
“My first sushi !”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was admittedly my first meal at a Japanese restaurant and it was great. The restaurant was slow late in the evening and the chef, knowing I had never had Japanese, provided me with a couple of free samples. We also ordered a variety of dishes and my experience was excellent. I left happy and very full. Would like to visit again when in the area.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Sassafrasman
Sunnyvale
“Excellent sushi!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have to say this is the best sushi I ever had, and although I am a recent sushi lover I have tried it in different places/different countries, but this one beats every place I have ever been.
We were a large group and ordered different things, so we had a chance to try several different sushi types. We ordered miso soup (it was divine and it was the 1st time I actually enjoyed eating miso soup), edamame, tempura, some special sushi roles, like the dragon, the spider, spicy tuna, sashimi and nigiri. Amazing, everything was simply delicious and very carefully prepared.
The staff were also very nice and friendly, plus it wasn't expensive at all for the amount of food we had.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Titanetsissi
Sydney, Australia
“I Love Sushi”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just an observational question. How long is it ok to have an "under new management" sign up?

I have eaten Japanes food all over the world long befoere I ever started reviewing things that's for sure. Over the years I have tried just about everything.

So here it is. The food that Rosie and I had here was authentic, beautifully prepared and faultlessly presented. The quality of the sashimi and other dishes was well above average. Absolutely no complaints about the food.

I ordered a Sopporo and it was beautiful. Bottled beer is bottled beer after all.

The prices were what you would expect to pay this type of quisine;

The wait staff let the place down because they seem to have difficulty taking an order. I want my food to be authentic and I want my beveages to be authentic but I also need to be able to communicate with the wait staff. Example I ordered some Tuna and avacato rolls off the menu I ended up with Spicey Tuna Sashimi. I ordered some water for our table the never arrived.

Now I did not make a big deal out of it at the time and I don't think it stop anyone from eating at the Osaka. Just be aware that the communication could be and issue. Bone up on your Japanese maybe. You should get a great authentic quality meal though even if it is not quite what you ordered :)

• Visited August 2012