“!!! A Must See When in Vancouver !!!”

Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$34.07*
and up
Capilano Suspension Bridge Admission
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Only 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver, allow 2 - 3 hours for your visit to Vancouver's iconic Capilano Suspension Bridge, hanging 450 feet (137m) across and 230 feet (70m) above Capilano River. The park offers more than just the bridge. Its surrounding 27 acres celebrate nature, history and culture in unique and thrilling ways. No more so than with the newest attraction, CLIFFWALK. Cliffwalk hangs for 213m (700ft) and reaches 91m (300ft) high, hugging the granite cliffside and offering a panoramic view of the thriving rainforest and canyon far below. On Treetops Adventure venture from one magnificent old growth Douglas-fir to another on a series of seven elevated suspension bridges, reaching as high as 110 feet (33m), for a squirrel's eye view of the forest. Guides, signage and interactive exhibits throughout the park help you in your understanding of rainforest ecosystems and their sustainability.
New York City, New York
“!!! A Must See When in Vancouver !!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Capilano Bridge is a must see when in Vancouver, it is a nice way to appreciate nature with a twist. It takes about 20 minutes to get there from the Hyatt hotel, and there is a free shuttle bus which picks you up and drops you off, which is superb! Just be aware to show up on the pick up/drop off point on time (it is prompt). The hotel will tell you the times the bus comes to pick you up and then the same goes for drop-offs. The bus is large and the ride is comfy, not bad at all for a free bus. The ride there is rather quick because you get so distracted with the gorgeous views on the way to the bridge, and if you miss your chance to take the pictures, no worries, you can always take pictures on your way back- which I did. The bus crosses a bridge on its way to Capilano and it’s the best time to snap away pictures of the mountains!

The price for the adult ticket is around $32, which is kind of pricey especially if you’re not a nature person, and then it varies for kids, seniors, and residents. Since we had our tickets from before there was no wait, we just had our hand stamped and walked in. To my surprise the bridge is the first thing you come across after the gift shop and coffee shop. I thought it would be a walk to get there. It looked just like it did in the pictures, long scary and surrounded by the forest. As soon as we reached the stairs it started to shake, I was so freaked out at first because I couldn’t believe I felt the ground beneath my feet shake before I stepped onto the bridge! Once I was at my last step I was already walking the bridge, which I must admit is a bit scary at first, but then you get the hang of it. The bridge literally just hangs there 230 feet above a river, it is very intimidating at first, but, before you know it, you’re already in the middle. I started to do the rain dance, lol, but don’t do that! Once I and Adnan started acting silly, there was a loud announcement stating we shouldn’t be running, jumping, skipping, hopping, or doing any of those things on the bridge. Once we reached the middle, you can really appreciate the gorgeous view rite where the sun shines at you! It leaves you in awe thinking of how they would have built a bridge 460 feet long during the 1800’s rite in the middle of a forest above the water.

After completing the walk, we decided we wanted to go towards the Cliffwalk, so we immediately turned around to walk back onto the Suspension Bridge. Once we reached the Cliffwalk, we realized the stairs were very narrow and the pathway was daunting. I was holding on to the rail so tight while I went down the stairs and each time I’d reach the bottom I’d sigh a breath of release. The stairs at the Cliffwalk are very small; you would have to be extra cautious with children. Continuously looking down kind of got to my head and when I looked straight ahead, I felt like I was going to trip over- all mind games I guess. Even when climbing up the stairs, it’s one foot after another. I eventually got the hang of it and let the rain go; at this point I was comfortable to take pictures without holding on. After the Cliffwalk, on my way up, I noticed two points- one was a glass fence and the other was just a metal rail under your feet!

Once we were done with the tour, we went to the gift shop, I didn’t pay much attention to the prices, but I did notice some of the items were marked decently, like a mug costs around six bucks, but other places had it marked for twice the price. The gift shop was fairly large and they had a lot to choose from. Overall, it was a shaky experience!

Visited January 2014

88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Thrilling”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My family and I loved this place. The fact that it was peaceful and beautiful but not too far from the city was perfect. For us it was a day trip from Seattle and it was well worth it. Watch out, you have to pay for parking and it can be crowded at times.

Visited June 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
696 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 609 helpful votes
“For nature lovers”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The suspension bridge runs high over a river and sways from side to side as you cross. I enjoyed the Douglas fir trees better; some were about 1500 years old and I could not see the top of the tree. The tree top walk was exciting and numerous trees were cleverly linked. If you are a nature lover, you could visit this place just for the trees , the bridge does not offer much excitement though. Entry is CAD 31 each. Suggest you couple this place with a visit to Grouse Mountain. You might need a little more than half a day for both.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank SagarVS
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highlight of Vancouver, BC”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place was so much fun and amazing to see. The scenery is spectacular and the bridge amazing!! The treetop nature walk was wonderful. The cliffwalk was great!! Fun place for kids and adults. We loved it and you should not miss this attraction.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank jbuggie
Perth, Australia
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A beautiful place”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We spend a full day walking in this beautiful park. Apart from the rain, we had a wonderful time and free raincoats were provided on request. It is well maintained.

Visited October 2013