“Fabulous view near Lonsdale”

Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
“Fabulous view near Lonsdale”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wonderful Hotel, great staff, Food excellent, Bar is great. Within walking distance of Lonsdale Quay and Ferry shuttle to downtown Vancouver. Grounds are in an old Shipping Yard and they are developing for future shops. Will be similar to Granville Island when finished. A must stay place when commuting to the BC Ferries to Vancouver Island. Stayed there both ways.

Simply lovely. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Can't say enough about this Hotel. A great find.

Room Tip: Requst a view room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, our restaurant and the location. I am also especially pleased to hear that you found our staff to be great.

I will definitely share your comments with them and again thank you again for staying with us and providing us with your thoughts on your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Tim Morrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2012

large rooms, excellent service, good food (breakfast).
did not have the chance to try / see the spa
ask for the harbor view - the mountain view is more a 'building across the street' view

we stayed for 3 nights - be careful the taxis don't know the address on ship way

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the sharing of your feed back on your recent experience at the Hotel. I am very to happy hear you enjoyed your stay and your meals in our restaurant. Also, thank you for your comments regarding some of the Taxi drivers knowing how to access the front of the Hotel. To mitigate this issue we have, as of today, just installed two new lit way finding signs providing clear direction to the Hotel. Great feedback!

Thank you again for staying with us.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights ahead of a cruise from Vancouver, and this was the perfect place to look right out across the harbour and see the cruise ships coming and giong from Canada Place (it just added to the excitement, especially on the day of our cruise when we saw our ship arriving!)

The room was probably the best we'd stayed in anywhere, and there was a real sense of quality and attention to detail. We especially liked the big window separating the bathroom from the bedroom - you could pull the blind up and actually sit in the bath and enjoy the views. (The blinds could also be closed completely when using the bathroom for other things!)

Even though this was a fantastic hotel in a great location, I've marked it down slightly for 2 reasons - for the amount I was paying for the room I'd expect free parking (I know....get in the real world.....but still, this is a bugbear for me), and secondly we ate in the restaurant twice and were very disappointed both times. If this is the no. 1 place to eat in N Vancouver there must be very little in the way of competition.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick_Sal_34A
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, the view and the location.

I am although disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experiences in our Restaurant. Our Restaurant team strives to provide an enjoyable dining experience including caring service and creative quality cuisine. To assist us in continually providing this experience our Chef and I would appreciate if you could provide us with more information on what you did not enjoy about your dining experience. I will be sharing your comments with our team but with your help of providing us with more detail we can address your comments to ensure our guests consistently have an enjoyable dining experiences in our Lobby Restaurant.
At your convenience I can be reached at email: tmorrison@pinnacleatthepier.com and Chef Joel Green at jgreen@pinnacleatthepier.com. Your assistance is appreciated.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited the Pinnacle in June of 2012. We'd previously stayed at this hotel in September of 2011 and left such a glowing review that an excerpt of it made its way onto the Pinnacle's website. However, this time our stay wasn't quite as pleasant.

We had problems as soon as we checked in. I naively neglected to inform my credit card company that we were going on a brief vacation and when they saw charges in another city they put a security hold on my card. Naturally, through no fault of the hotel, my credit card was declined. Knowing that I had more than enough available credit on the card and not understanding why the transaction wasn't approved, I was a little embarrassed and frustrated.

The friendly woman at the front desk said that it wasn't a problem; that I could put the charges on my debit card. I was relieved and gladly agreed to do so knowing that I had sufficient funds in my chequing account. However, to my horror, their point of sale machine said that my debit card was also not approved. I was asked to swipe my card again but I was hesitant.

Fearing fraud, I immediately went on my mobile banking app and, to my surprise, I saw that the funds ($613 for three nights) had indeed been withdrawn from my chequing account by Pinnacle International. I presented my real-time banking information as proof of payment to their staff and, after threatening to leave, they finally let us go to our suite.

The security hold affected my credit card but a separate call to my bank immediately confirmed what my mobile app had said - that the hotel had received the money from my chequing account. The Pinnacle contacted their debit company and I had to wait until the next morning for them to reitterate what my bank had said; that they had indeed received the funds. The hotel can't really be blamed for what transpired but having to prove that I actually paid for the room elevated my blood pressure nonetheless.

Unfortunately, it didn't stop there. We didn't get a great sleep the first night as it was a Friday night and the hotel was hosting a wedding. We didn't want to ruin somebody's special day so we didn't call the front desk but it's never pleasant to be woken by drunken shouting at 2 am, especially when you're on vacation.

The second night that we were there we were woken early by some kind of activities at the Pier. A French frigate was docked during our stay and they were kind enough to wake us up at 6 AM with some kind of a ceremony. It was a minor but unexpected nuisance.

The third night (Sunday night/Monday morning) we were woken early by industrial activies in the area. It wasn't terribly loud but it sounded like somebody was using a jackhammer a block or two away. It was an unfortunate reminder that the hotel is located adjacent to an industrial area and that the work week had started.

We love this hotel but unfortunately our trip wasn't the peaceful retreat that we were hoping for. Don't get me wrong - this hotel is ranked 8th in Canada on TripAdvisor for a reason, it truly is spectacular.

There is little that the hotel can do about a faulty debit machine, the industrial nature of North Vancouver or the activities of the French Navy. However, we sincerely hope that we don't experience the same comedy of errors if we ever decide to stay at the Pinnacle Hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a Harbor View room. I've never stayed in a Mountain View room but after seeing the Harbor I...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HankandBea
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay and for choosing to stay with us again. I am pleased to hear that you find the hotel fantastic although I am very disappointed to hear about the issues you experienced on this occasion of your visit.

Firstly, I apologize for the confusion regarding your debit card. This is not a situation we have encountered before although it has identified a need for a better process for handling a situation such as this and i thank you for your patience. Regarding the noise from other rooms as our Guest, you are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of your room and it clear this did not happen on your recent stay. Our team conducts regular floor inspections throughout any evening although noise might not be apparent during these inspections. To assist us may I request that if you hear unacceptable levels of noise coming from other Guest rooms please contact the Front desk immediately. Our team is well prepared and trained to politely deal with noise issues and with your assistance we can ensure the actions of a small few don't effect the stay experience of you and others staying in the Hotel.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us again and your feedback has been very valuable for us in always learning how we can improve on each experience for our Guests. If you would like to contact me directly i can be reached at Tmorrison@pinnacleatthepier.com.

Markham, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We always stayed at the Westin Grand on Robson but this time, we wanted something a little bit away from the downtown core. Saw the great reviews here and gave it a try - what a gem this is! The interior design is gorgeous, meticulously kept, posh and clean. The staff - everyone from the concierge to housekeeping - was very friendly and nice. We had a mountainview room which was not really mountainview (can't see the mountains - just the condos on the opposite side), but that didn't bother us in the least. Everything - fixtures and all - was luxurious. Toiletries are by Aveda, my favourite.

My only gripe is the noise - motorcycles speeding at 2am - but it is no fault of this beautiful hotel. We loved the Westin Grand but this is even better! The food at The Lobby restaurant was also excellent, by the way, the best in North Vancouver!

Will be back next time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and I am very pleased to hear that you found the food, service and location both excellent and memorable. Your comments are so very important for us to continually gauge our services. I will share your comments with our team as they will be very happy to receive them.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great views over vancouver, the harbour view rooms are worth the extra expense. The staff is very friendly, and the restaurant is very good as well. Clean, big rooms, very worthwhile. The neighborhood isn't very exciting, but grouse
Mountain is close. The view over Vancouver makes up for the not too central location.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that you found the rooms, service and Hotel to be excellent. I will share your comments with our team as they will be very happy to receive them.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

stayed here on a saturday nite with good friends celebrating a birthday. We were treated royally and had 2 rooms on the 8th floor leading to the patio with outdoor seating and a wonderful view of Vancouver city skyline. There was Keurig coffee in the rooms with mini fridge and microwave as well. Room a bit small but adequate. Nice big bathroom. Comp small bottle of wine in the room. We had dinner in the onsite restaurant as well and we had very good food. The sablefish was yummy! Very good service. Very friendly professional staff. Would definitely return again. Be prepared for noise on the weekends.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the end rooms facing the outdoor patio with the water view is definitely the b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Hotel BLU
Hotel BLU
#12 of 89 in Vancouver
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,464 reviews

Been to Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier? Share your experiences!