“Best in North Van imho”

Mumbai Masala Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 393 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Friendly staff, tasty (vegetarian) food, if perhaps a bit over priced for what it is. We shared pulao rice with sultanas and nuts, veg jalfrezi, veg pakora and peshwari naan, and enjoyed all of it. They say they are soon to offer home delivery, although at the time of our visit it was pick up or eat in only. For take outs, you can order on line or phone, which I would recommend as it took 30 minutes to prepare. ...and for the benefit of UK expats, I would say this is the closest to a British curry we've tried in Vancouver so far. I wish BC Indian restaurants did crispy pakora and onion bhajis though - batter should never be soft!

7  Thank MRandHF

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I have lived on the North Shore for almost a decade and have tried all of the local Indian places. Most have been okay, but not worth a return trip. Mumbai Masala is the one exception. Really good food, fair prices, great service, and it's family run. We highly recommend it.

9  Thank JamesRidge
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just want to thanks to mumbai masala management for opening a amaging Indian resturent in North Shore .i heard from others friends this place is great ,but I visited last night and I was so happy to dine there ,I have tried all Indian in northshore but they r nothing close to mumbai .food is non describable only one word Excellent for everything ,the server told us they opend the door in may but seems like its very famouse for take out as well .we had to Waite for our table for 20 minuts ,after all great experience and good luck to m/m.Well Done .

9  Thank 1643spicyfoodlover
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The food here is great, service is friendly and fast. Good value as well. Although it is a beautiful restaurant I find the music selection a little odd, sort of techno Indian. The restaurant was also cool and on a cold November night we were hoping for more warmth.

3  Thank deepcovesteve
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Mumbai Masala is The best Indian restaurant on the North Shore. It has great food, great service, great ambience. , and great value for the food you buy. I've been to MM on numerous occasions and have always enjoyed the same great food and service. The food is flavorful and is spiced perfectly . My favourite on the menu is the lamb chops and butter chicken . I would reccommend trying the lunch buffet ( open 7 days a week) if you haven't tried MM before. Overall it's a great restaurant and I would highly reccommend it .

2  Thank Foodlover744