“One of my favourites”

Neighborhood: Steveston
Ladner, British Columbia, Canada
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We go to the charthouse often and we love it. The owner is awesome and so are his staff. The clam chowder is amazing!! There has only been one problem of a steak coming out much rarer than wanted and the waitress took fully responsibility and took it off the bill without a problem. It has a beatiful view of the fraser river and it is always a great meal for a reasonable price!!

• Visited October 2012

Canada
“Barely mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was dark outside while we were having dinner so I can't speak to the view, but I can say that not even an amazing view would bring me back to the Charthouse. Despite being right in Steveston the food, especially the fish and chips, were bland and disappointing and the food was actually quite expensive. Given how many options there are for seafood in Steveston I'm not sure why you would choose to go to the Charthouse.

• Visited September 2012
“Sunset on the Fraser.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My ladyfriend and i stopped by The Charthouse for a seafood dish and watch the sunset. I was born in Steveston and lived there when it was a true commercial fishing town. We arrived just before an amazing sunset. The lady that served us was a delightfully funny lady. We told her that the blue moon would be out after sunset. She had heard people talk about the blue moon but had no idea why they called it that. I explained that it was a rare treat when the moon was full twice in the same month. She laughed because, like many people, she thought it was a blue colour. I had only learned this a few years earlier, while watching the moon rise on a beach in Mexico. Yes, i was waiting for a blue coloured moon :-) I had the Johnathon Livingston seagull, a seafood platter. To be honest, i can,t remember what my lady friend ordered. After all it was a beautiful, romantic sunset and im lucky to remember what i ate. It was a very good meal but it was the view that made it magical. We will return again for the sunset seafood delight. Its a stunning sunset and the people are so friendly.

• Visited August 2012
“Apparently don't like kids”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I along with another couple and our 4 kids showed up for dinner, their were plenty of open seats available ,we were first told we would have to pay a 17% gratuity and we couldn't split the bill which we thought was odd but agreed that was ok ,the hostess then sighed and went back to get table set up and then came back to tell us yeah were not going to be able to serve you with out even a sorry ..so we went to shady island great food ,great service and we left them 25% tip

Vancouver, Canada
“Incredible location but needs menu upgrade as just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We has the Almond Crusted Sole but the rice pilaf was not fresh & almonds were just dropped on top the fillet; fresh steamed broccoli & carrot were perfectly done; the side salad was just greens & one tomato quarter; waitress was very friendly but forgot the early tea/ coffee request with the salads coming first. Maybe past it's prime and in need of menu or chef renewal, as is a lovely location looking out over the wharves & fish boats selling their fish & seafood.