“Great food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great food! Friendly staff. I am a returning customer and if I want sushi, their place comes to mind first.

1  Thank ElenaS444

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The restaurant by this name is currently at 2255 41st Ave., Vancouver, V6M 2A3. (604) 263-1877:
We've tried sushi at various locations throughout the city and surrounding area these past two weeks, and this is the best for us. As a kidney transplant I cannot eat raw now, and I ordered the Mango Roll, adding $2 for real crab, it was delightful! The Pop Roll, (Tempura shrimp with Unagi, and Avocado, etc) was truly beyond the norm. Exquisite preparation. Vern ordered the Kimchi Beef Hot Pot, and it was superb! The Kimchi sat on one side so you only brought in the heat you wanted. The broth was so flavorful it would have been a fine meal alone, but the beef tasted great in it, along with numerous vegetables. They have a large variety on their menu, not just sushi or sashimi, but other Japanese and Korean influenced options, such as the hot pot. Really a great find! The place seats 27 inside and 2 outdoors so it is small and good. The wall art is really cool!

2  Thank ruthandvern
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Such fresh sashimi! Great if you are a fan of sashimi that you don't regularly get at normal sushi restaurants. Can get very pricey though so watch out!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The sushi restaurant is small but the keeper doesn't try to jam pack the space by putting too many tables and chairs. I feel that they prioritize comfort and quality, which in my book are great traits of a restaurant together with excellent and friendly service. Fish are fresh, love the scallop sushi particulary in this one. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I went here after seeing it on trip advisor.
When I first got there I wasn't sure what my experience was going to be as it was part of a strip mall and rather small.
However the service was great, and the food was second to none.

I started with miso soup which came with a bit of fish in it. The taste was perfectly balanced, as well as the consistency being just right. It's probably the best miso soup I've had.
For mains I had a sushi selection of the day. The itamae (sushi chef) took great care in the preparation of the food. None of the sushi was too cold (which gave it greater taste), but was still exceedingly fresh.
I also had some sake with my meal which was satisfactory. I can't remember if there were other options, but the house stuff was adequate.

I re-visited the restaurant several times on my own (business trip) as well as with others, and each time it was just as good.

If you're in the Vancouver area and like sushi, I highly recommend this place. I visited a lot of restaurants in Vancouver, and this one stood out as having the best quality food in my opinion.

My only word of advice is to call ahead and either book or check their availability, as I was turned away a couple of times because they were fully booked.

1  Thank lawponsford