“The best sushi I've ever had...ever”
Review of Sushi Hachi

Sushi Hachi
Ranked #91 of 943 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I went here after seeing it on trip advisor.
When I first got there I wasn't sure what my experience was going to be as it was part of a strip mall and rather small.
However the service was great, and the food was second to none.

I started with miso soup which came with a bit of fish in it. The taste was perfectly balanced, as well as the consistency being just right. It's probably the best miso soup I've had.
For mains I had a sushi selection of the day. The itamae (sushi chef) took great care in the preparation of the food. None of the sushi was too cold (which gave it greater taste), but was still exceedingly fresh.
I also had some sake with my meal which was satisfactory. I can't remember if there were other options, but the house stuff was adequate.

I re-visited the restaurant several times on my own (business trip) as well as with others, and each time it was just as good.

If you're in the Vancouver area and like sushi, I highly recommend this place. I visited a lot of restaurants in Vancouver, and this one stood out as having the best quality food in my opinion.

My only word of advice is to call ahead and either book or check their availability, as I was turned away a couple of times because they were fully booked.

1  Thank lawponsford

Reviewed July 9, 2009

Very fresh imported sashimi!

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2008

Great freshness. Does the usual stuff well with surprises like BBQ Squid Guts. Authentic mom 'n pop shop. Somewhat pricey.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2008

the best sushi chef

Reviewed March 4, 2008

best sushi ever. if you are looking for fresh and good fish place here's the one