“Disappointed they are changing recipes.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #16 of 896 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A trip to B.C. is not complete without a taste of a Triple ”O” burger from White Spot, and now YVR passengers have one more “spot” to pick one up on the fly. Serving all your familiar favourites including burgers with Triple “O” sauce and dill pickles, they also offer fresh salads, pastas, rice bowls and  stir-fries. And for the kids, nothing can beat a White Spot Pirate Pak, still served in a boat. A gluten-free menu is available.
Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointed they are changing recipes.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am a creature of habit. I have been going to White Spot since I visited my first one one Granville Street in Vancouver with my great grandmother. What I have found is that when I go for my favourites they have changed the recipe or no longer offer the item. I do enjoy their comfort foods, and they still make the best chicken fingers with honey mustard. But I miss the old recipe for the chicken pot pie which was my favourite. And now they seem to have eliminated the veggie beef soup I used to love so much. I no longer order the burgers as the patties are always overcooked and mostly bun. Still a nice place to go to visit friends, but it has become a bit too expensive to make a habit anymore. Great staff though at the Richmond Centre outlet. The manager there has been there for so many years, he feels like family.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Enjoyed the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We ate here twice. The location was convenient and we liked the food selection. Tried two different entrees and was happy with both. Our friends, who live in Richmond, recommended. They eat here frequently.

Visited August 2012
Guelph, Canada
“For the Price, it was Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Went here with a large group on Tuesday night.

Service was fast, we were seated immediately and were served drinks right away. We all ordered and got our dishes very quick. Food was piping hot which was great. There's nothing I hate more than waiting a while for food only for it to be cold when I get it.
I ordered the Legendary burger which was awesome. Fries were nice and crispy and hot. Hubby ordered one of the double burgers which actually filled him up which is impressive.
For 5 adults and 2 children, our bill was 75 bucks, we were shocked and impressed. That's with drinks and full meals so the value was huge for us.
I wish we had White Spot in Toronto, I'd be there all the time

Pensacola, Florida
“Average food, average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We came back from Victoria very late at night so we stopped by White Spot for a quick dinner. We were seated promptly and we ordered the ribs, chicken pot pie and salmon burger. The food arrived not very quickly, but not too late to the point where we'd complain. The ribs were dry and not done well. The salmon burger was decent. The chicken pot pie was very good. We also received a free choice of dessert as it was someone's birthday in the group. The free blueberry 'pie' was more like blueberries and vanilla ice cream sitting in an inedible, hard "pie crust". Not very good.

• Visited July 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Good food, but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I normally avoid chains, but group consensus decided upon this place.
Our first choice, Cactus Club Cafe had a long waiting list, and I would rather diet than eat at Boston Pizza.

The thing about Richmond is the plethora of Asian restaurants, I eat it about once or twice a month in Montreal, but living here would mean having it almost daily. It really limits what one could eat, especially without knowing the area and not having a car.

Having said that, the food was decent, nothing memorable, but not unpleasant.

I had the bishop curry chicken (Indian dishes have hit the mainstream!), which was tangy and flavorful. I got the feeling it tasted like a quality frozen dinner. The dish was too complex to be prepared that quickly.

I had the dry ribs as well, first time having this dish, it was dry and had very little meat on the bones.

The ambiance is cozy and family friendly, with banquet seats with lots of vinyl and wood.

The menu is just too large and varied to be all fresh and non frozen, the prices were quite decent though.

• Visited May 2012