“Good Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Between Alderbridge Way and Minoru Blvd
Transit: The Mad Greek is (less than) a 10 minute walk from Richmond Brighouse Canada line station.
Description: Mad Greek restaurant serves authentic Greek dishes in a warm and friendly atmosphere. With a capacity of over 160 seats, showcasing a beautiful space with high ceilings, rustic accents and painted scenes of the Greek isles, Mad Greek restaurant is a great place for lunch or dinner whether it is an intimate dinner for two or a group gathering.
Port Alberni, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here when we over-nighted in Richmond on our way through to our tropical vacation in March 2013. We arrived fairly early (before 6:00 pm) and were seated promptly. I had eaten here before, and knew the food was good, so I chose to return.
We had the avegolmono soup (excellent) followed by the Niko platter for 2. The food, again, was very good, and my husband and I could not finish it.
Service, though friendly, was somewhat mediocore. Although it was fairly quiet when we arrived, it took the waitress several minutes to return to us with water, and to take our order. When we had finished our meal, we sat for quite some time with the dirty dishes on our table, even when we set them to the side. The bus girl took some of our dirty dishes, but not all, then walked right by more than once without completing the job. Our waitress was totally preoccupied with another, larger table, and didn't even look our way or check on us for 10-15 minutes while we sat waiting for our bill. She didn't even ask us if we wanted coffee or dessert. I got the impression that the wait staff is inexperienced, and could use a little training.
That being said, I stil gave this restaurant a 4/5 because the ambience is nice, and the food is excellent.

• Visited March 2013

• Greek first
Prince Rupert, Canada
“Great food wonderful service”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I ate here my first night of a 3 night stay and went back again the next night. My waItress was the same both nights and was attentive without being a pest, and was great at making suggestions for my meal. The food was authentic and very well prepared.

Word of warning, there is a belly dancer on Saturday night and the place fills up quickly.

Visited March 2013
Nick L, Owner at Mad Greek Restaurant, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. We look forward to your next visit at Mad Greek Restaurant.
Surrey, Canada
“Awful”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The food wasn't very good and expensive plus they water down the wine. We will not be returning. We will stick with our favorite Taverna in Steveston Village.

Visited October 2012
Nick L, Owner at Mad Greek Restaurant, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience at Mad Greek. We can guarantee that the wine we serve our customers has always been and will always be 100% wine. In any case, we appreciate your feedback.
Saskatoon, Canada
“nice salmon kabobs”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had the salmon kabobs and really enjoyed them. They were a little cold when they arrived, but tasty just the same.

Visited November 2012
vancouver
“Decent Greek”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Decent Greek Food, some things are really good, some things are so-so. Calamari is usually overcooked, but I have enjoyed other things like saganaki, tarama, Greek ribs.

Visited August 2012