“Great Forgotten Place with good food”

Boathouse Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Boathouse Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 922 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Cross street: Bridgeport Rd.
Transit: We are located on a bus route with connections to the Airport and Downtown Vancouver.
New York City, New York
“Great Forgotten Place with good food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Boathouse in Richmond hit the spot when my mother and I were looking for a nice place in Richmond in the middle of some post-christmas shopping. We had been to other vancouver locations but not ever the Richmond one, which is a tad tricky to find due to one-way streets, but is nonetheless very convenient.
fish was great (salmon and their daily special). Great service, perhaps helped by the fact the place was very quiet in the period right after Christmas. good wine list with lots of BC wines and unlike most places in Vancouver, they didn't overchill the white. Better yet, it was priced without much mark-up!

We enjoyed our view looking out the marina and boats, though on a rainier day it might be dark inside.

We were sorry not to have thought of it years ago and will be back.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Decent food but the room smelled musty. Also, the room had a low ceiling and really lacked any atmosphere. For the money, one could do much better. I would not go back.

• Visited November 2013
“Quality Not What It Used To Be”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We celebrated my sister's birthday and went for dinner with about 8 adults and 9 kids. We only had one server, although we had made reservations long in advance.

The restaurant is in need of some updating and a good clean. The food was just OK (at best) and the service was slowwwwwwww.... friendly, but slow.

Toronto, Canada
“nice evening and the restaurant made things right”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Difficulty in cooking a steak Medium Rare not once but twice...but they took it back and started over and made it right.

Food was good.

Visited November 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Back for the second time ...”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just back from dinner at the Boathouse. This is my second visit to this restaurant. I had the Cedar Plank Maple Salmon and it was excellent (good combination of flavors). Salmon is easy to overcook, but mine was excellent - nice and tender, and nice and moist (not overcooked at all). Wes was my server, and he did an excellent job. We discussed the wine selections, and he brought me two wine tasting samples from which I selected the one to have for the evening (a Chardonnay). Since I was dinning alone, I was pleased that the food came out quickly. It was pretty busy, and there were a number of groups there, so it appears to be popular with the locals as well. I'll be returning.