“Quality Not What It Used To Be”

Boathouse Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Boathouse Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 922 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Cross street: Bridgeport Rd.
Transit: We are located on a bus route with connections to the Airport and Downtown Vancouver.
“Quality Not What It Used To Be”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We celebrated my sister's birthday and went for dinner with about 8 adults and 9 kids. We only had one server, although we had made reservations long in advance.

The restaurant is in need of some updating and a good clean. The food was just OK (at best) and the service was slowwwwwwww.... friendly, but slow.

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“nice evening and the restaurant made things right”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Difficulty in cooking a steak Medium Rare not once but twice...but they took it back and started over and made it right.

Food was good.

Visited November 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Back for the second time ...”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just back from dinner at the Boathouse. This is my second visit to this restaurant. I had the Cedar Plank Maple Salmon and it was excellent (good combination of flavors). Salmon is easy to overcook, but mine was excellent - nice and tender, and nice and moist (not overcooked at all). Wes was my server, and he did an excellent job. We discussed the wine selections, and he brought me two wine tasting samples from which I selected the one to have for the evening (a Chardonnay). Since I was dinning alone, I was pleased that the food came out quickly. It was pretty busy, and there were a number of groups there, so it appears to be popular with the locals as well. I'll be returning.

• Visited November 2013
New Delhi, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will visit again...!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great food & attention. A very friendly server. Our friend recommended this restaurant and will definitely visit again...!!!

• Visited October 2013
Banbury, United Kingdom
“OK but there are much better!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

As this was effectively our local restaurant to our hotel, a 5 minute walk away and served seafood, we thought we would give it a try. On night we went, a saturday it was pretty full but mainly with large family groups, which made a romantic dinner for the two of us almost impossible to achieve, The place itself looks a little knocked about ie seen better days and does need some freshening up on the decor. Service was effective rather than friendly, I guess owing to the large parties dining that night and our main course was a little slow in arriving, again I assume for the reason already given. My wife and I both went for the Sirloin and Alaskan King crab and of course I appreciate this is not the season for Alaskan king crab, but the portions were small but the meat was just OK. To me that sums up this place as just "OK"! They offer a varied menu, perhaps a little too varied, and being on a table facing the kitchen, at times the staff looked under a lot of pressure to say the least. So for me, not a place to visit for that romantic dinner but going with a group of people to have an average meal a good few drinks, this is the place. For seafood cooking at its best go to Bluewater cafe in Yaletown!
The cost for dinner was £93.00 inc taxes with no wine and tip, which compared to the norm in Vancouver is not cheap, Alaskan king crab or not!

Visited September 2013