“good food and service but too pricey”

Boathouse Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Boathouse Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 956 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Cross street: Bridgeport Rd.
Transit: We are located on a bus route with connections to the Airport and Downtown Vancouver.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

nothing was wrong with this place but the cost. food and service were good, but the cost would have been equated to very good or better

1  Thank eatout1962

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Calimari was most fresh I ever had. We tried several dishes including salmon. All very fresh but have had better preparation. Prices seemed on high side but maybe the cost of fresh fish.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Staying at the hampton Inn, I was hungry for dinner, after checking in. As the Hampton Inn doesn't have a full restaurant, I visited the Boathouse, as it was nearby and recommended. I had steak and lobster. The waitresses were friendly and attentive, but the kitchen was slow. I found my steak bland and a bit dry. The lobster tail was good and they gave me melted butter in a holder over a candle, which kept it melted. Overall, the meal was just ok, not great, and no bargain. Not as good a meal as an Outback, for example.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The restaurant is accross the street from the Comfort Inn in Richmond BC, and since we were hungry, we accepted the recommendation from the front desk staff. The restaurant was almost empty at that time since it was around 2:00 in the afternoon, and however took them some time to figure out where to seat us (we were just eight). However once we were settled everything else went smooth. I ordered the fish and chips since it was something I wanted to try badly. I don't want to eat fish and chips anymore, the fish was so greasy, and although members of my family try the fish and chips later on in two different restaurants and they said they were delicious, just the thought of eating so much fat, was out of the question. We order the two free desserts (for being Comfort Inn guests) and the Creme Brule, was not good at all, it was warm, and seemed that it had been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days. My sisters had a different dessert, like a cream pie chocolate, and it was actually good. My husband had an angus burger, and he swears to it. Matter of tastes I guess. Overall, nice place.

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Good food and a nice location on the river. Seafood is the speciality and for a good reason. Tha Ahi Tuna Tacos were great.