“IF you have been to Thailand, then you would know this place does not do Thai food any justice”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai House Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 902 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Though servers are fine & service is ok and reasonable efficient over here, but it does not make up for the POOR quality, Over-priced, Wannabe "thai" food. It is far far far away from real thai food - if you have been to thailand then u will know what i mean.

Food by this chain used to be way more authentic but its quality has drastically declined over the past 10 yrs.

Now their dishes are more like cheap food court quality Chinese food at best. So why should I pay double the price here to make my tongue feels horrible ?! Their pad Thai was simply stir fried flat rice noodles with eggs and tons of ketchup but nothing else. Zero twist. Straight flat taste. Very dry. Totally gross. It costed me a whopping $13 buck. What a rip.

The same story went to my husband's beef pad thai (something called "see-wee pad thai" i guess). Beef was tough (it even gave us some hard time, given we are 2 healthy adults with no dental problem!!) and the whole dish got absolutely no flavor.

Tried their fried rice with chicken & Thai chili, guess what, it is spiced up using Chinese roaster brand chili paste with the same sad story: no twist, absolutely no flavor, not tasty by all means. After 3 separate dishes, we declared we give up and left all dished less than half done, because they were not even worth taking home.

This place would have earned ZERO star if it wasn't for its service. May be we will patiently wait for the real Thai food until we are in Thailand again.

• Visited November 2012

Ladner, Canada
“Good service, poor quality food...”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It has been a while since I was last at the Thai House and although I have read the most recent reviews, we thought we would give it a try for a office birthday lunch. Two of us had the pad thai and the sauce was very sweet, tasted exactly like the hot and sour soup that accompanied the lunch special...I had the non-veg style and it came with maybe 4 shrimp and bite sized pieces of tofu. My friend can the veg style pad thai. We were both very disappointed. My other two friends tried two different curries from the lunch special and both were decidedly unimpressed and diappointed in the main course and with the hot and sour soup - both ladies being Asian, normally love hot and sour soup, so that speaks volumes! We also tried the salad roll with chicken, the rice paper was very thick and sticky and we don't recommend it either. On the upside, the waiter was most attentive with the ice cold water refills and they really made sure to tell everyone to watch their step as the step up to the higher level dining area is a doozy! I am pretty sure we won't be back....

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SLeP21
Delta, Canada
“Good food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It has been several years since I have been to a Thai House Restaurant. I prefer the Sala Thai on Burrard. The food was good, the location is good, near a mall. Decor is plain. The service was good the night we were there.

We had four different dishes, all were good. My only complaint was the pad thai was a little sweet.

Dinner was a little expensive given the portions, and the cost of the ingredients. I make Thai food at home on a regular basis, so I have a good idea of the cost.

Would I recommend this restaurant, absolutely.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gordon H
Vancouver BC
“Nice meal good food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went for dinner. service very good, food could have been hotter, all in all a good expoerience. The waiter stayed back and did not hover, Staff very quick at removing used plates. Meals arrived in quickly,

• Visited April 2013
Campbell River, Canada
“great food”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

loved the prawns and disliked the lack of service. Lousy service, none attentive staff had to flag a staff member to get a drink and this is bad service as this was a table of 4.

Visited September 2012