“Always great with great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Keg Steakhouse & Bar

Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #64 of 883 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Brunswick, Canada
“Always great with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was our second time eating at this keg. We were there with a party of eight including two small kids. The server was very good. He was attentive and our drinks were always full. The restaurant was quite full but we got reservations beforehand.

They had a lobster feature this time. We ordered a lobster gratinee and it was fantastic. For mains, as always, I got a sirloin Oscar. It was made to perfection and the seafood was plentiful. My husband got a steak and half lobster and it was a very big portion. The half lobster was huge! Their bellinis are amazing. The server brought the kids a snack platter of fresh fruit and veggies. I thought that was nice of him considering noone asked.

The bathroom was very clean. There is a great atmosphere at this restaurant an I will continue to eat here when in the area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mundane”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just your very average franchise restaurant! Nothing to write home about.

Visited August 2011
Drummondville, Canada
“I just don't get why that restaurant is that popular!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I ordered a medium cooked filet mignon that arrived rare. The mashed potato looked like glue. We had a side of mushrooms that were burned, a side of cheesy garlic bread that was "humid" and not "roasted". In a nutshell ... that this not worth the 100$ we paid for two people.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank magnolila
Richmond, Canada
“What Happened To This Place?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I took our daughter and her husband there last night.
We were seated by a hostess dressed like a hooker and our waiter, a very nice young man, took our drink order.....eventually.
We shared some apps, both arrived quickly and were fine.
The kids ordered sirloins, my wife a crab dinner and I went with the sirloin and crab. My daughter asked for her steak well done (yes I know, but we love her anyway), and mine was requested med rare.
Hers arrived med rare and mine was running with blood and cold inside.
She had to send hers back TWICE and mine went back and came back burned to crap.
To be fair the crab was cooked quite well and if the kitchen crew learns how to prepare clarified butter properly ( actually taking out the milk solids) it would be acceptable.
All in all what was to be a nice evening out with the kids was ruined by a very poor kitchen crew that can't seem to cook a simple sirloin.
The Keg used to be a fun night at a casual restaurant, I wonder what happened? Pretty Sad folks.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChefSteven56
Vancouver, Canada
“Pretty good food although pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Just like any other keg streakhouse, foods not bad, pretty good. Nice place to go if you like steak besides that there's many other places to go that offer food just as good or better that costs less. Decent service, nothing bad/nothing great also only open for dinner..

HOURS:
Monday - Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday 4:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

• Visited February 2012