“perfect!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Steveston
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Transit: Public transit stops appox one block away. See translink.ca for routing details
Description: The New Well Tavern is a throwback version of a dining tavern with a food forward approach accentuated by unique cocktails, wine, and beer in a relaxed and accessible atmosphere.
Richmond, Canada
“perfect!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

great atmosphere and excellent food taste!! This is one of the best french cuisious restaurants i have ever been. Just attention to everybody, they are close on every Monday!!! I made a reservation on Monday at the first time, and they transfered to the voice mail, and i just went there and found out that they close on every Monday......sad>< Anyways, this is an excellent restaurent ppl can go. highly recommand the mussels from there, they have 3 choices, i tried the bacon one, that was really worthy.

Vancouver
“Better than ever!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We've been coming here since the place opened and to be honest, I've never had anything less than an exceptional meal. We haven't been in several months but friends recently said the menu has changed due to a new chef. We went tonight and it was even better than before.

Hubby had a cup of the clam chowder which he loved - I had the Artisan Greens which could have been a light entree - easily sharable. The combination of orangic fruits with the goat cheese and candied pecans was perfect and the dressing was just icing on the cake.

The special was Spot Prawns in all their glory. A HUGE portion - but worth the work in cleaning them. I'd suggest ordering them as an appie to share with others. My poached prawns may be in my Top 3 meals anywhere in my travels. I don't think I'll be able to order anything else whenever I come back. This place always win top prize for Best of Richmond and for good reason. You have to visit!

1 Thank TravelBug021
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Spring Dinner for 4”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited Tapenade on a Saturday night dinner. The food was excellent, how can one not love Mac & Cheese Coquettes? The Halibut was also excellent too. The atmosphere is warm, welcoming in terms of both décor and service. I realize this will make me sound like old but the music was the right level. One could enjoy it and yet carry on a conversation without yelling. Had a great patio too.

Richmond, Canada
“Disappointment”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have been a Fan of Tapenade for a number of years, so last night was really a bitter disappointment for me .

I have been travelling for a few months, so it was a shock to arrive at the restaurant with thoughts of their signature crispy iceberg Cesar salad, followed by a duck confit, always a delight. The dilemma was also the choice between (winter menu) cassoulet or the amazing short rib.

Everything changed last night. An unfortunate start in being seated next to a crowd with much wine on board and operating above 110 decibels, was not improved by the Server handing me a menu that bore zero resemblance to my earlier Tapenade memories. I actually had difficulty even choosing a dish, as (raw) beef and rare tuna were not on my wish list..

The mixed green goat cheese salad was nicely prepared, but unfortunately the accompanying gravalax on a crisp toast was either over salted or "overly flavoured" by (I believe) miso dressing.

When I questioned a server as to the significant changes, she informed me that Tapenade's previous Chef had departed and they had decided to "move things up a notch" ! I would love to know where he is now working .

The good news is that there is a wonderful gellato store just across the street on the
water side, where you can get a delightful desert !

2 Thank 755Grumpydoc
Vancouver, Canada
“Hidden gem in Steveston, British Columbia”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

By far the best restaurant in Steveston, with a great patio overlooking the fishing boats with the Olympic Peninsula mountains in the background.

Excellent food and attentive service.

Wonderful seasonal menus and winemakers' dinners.

Great wine list and an occasional caiparina!

Cheers!