“Exceeded my expectations”
Review of Tapenade Bistro - CLOSED

Tapenade Bistro
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Steveston
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Transit: Public transit stops appox one block away. See translink.ca for routing details
Description: The New Well Tavern is a throwback version of a dining tavern with a food forward approach accentuated by unique cocktails, wine, and beer in a relaxed and accessible atmosphere.
Vancouver, Canada
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Visited this restaurant with friends that live not too far from Steveston (the southwest part of Richmond, BC). Was in the mood for eggs benedict so the basic benedict on the menu caught my eye immediately, it tasted great and the presentation was very good. Our server was friendly and was good with checking up on our table, I think he was originally from France as he really stands out as a restaurant server in the Metro Vancouver area. My friends are regulars and I can see why. Recommended and I would definitely repeat as I'd like to try other items on the menu.

• Visited March 2013

Surrey, Canada
“Interesting and Tasty Mediterrainian”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We found the service to be excellent and they took pride in how they served their food on your plates. The food was excellent. Note though it is expensive.

Visited November 2012
Vancouver BC
“Great Food and wine”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

recommended by friends.. A great choice. Menu wonderful and wine list great, Staff friendly, overall an excellent experience

• Visited January 2013
Richmond, Canada
“Good choice for dinner in Steveston”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Does obligatory seafood well, and has good menu selections for those who would prefer other options. Sit outside for view of the water.

Visited December 2012
Richmond, B.C.
“Nice Presentation/ Good Service”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The presentation was great; my pickled beets on chickpea puree with sprouts and horseradish cream were yummy. The seared tuna was cooked just right; rare, although I've decided I'll ask for medium rare to get the center a bit more warm. My wife had the scallops for a main which were excellent. The restaurant has an extensive list of wines; we opted for a half liter of a riesling house wine which was very good. The restaurant is nicely decorated but there are hard surfaces, so it can be a tad noisy, but it does provide for entertainment as it's quite wide open. The help staff are attentive. The reservation was made through Open Table with a special seating request which they came through on. We shared a creme brulee for dessert; good but not out of the ordinary. We will go back again. You get a nice setting, well prepared meals at not outlandish prices. We will go back again

• Visited December 2012