“This is a full blown gourmet restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #14 of 897 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
British Columbia, Canada
“This is a full blown gourmet restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Everyone in our party of 6 had a meal that Gordon Ramsay would be proud of. The place is a little loud, but the service is excellent, the food is top notch and the drinks are up to par with anything I have tasted. The Margarita was made with fresh limes, a good quality Tequila reposado and good Cointreau. My steak was almost too big, but I didn't have to force it down. Rare means rare by the way.

Visited December 2012

Milton, Washington
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great Food and Super Menu. So many great items to choose from. Our first time and we will be back. The staff was great !

Visited November 2012
Guelph, Canada
“Beautiful Restaurant but Food Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Was here with a large group on the 20th. Service was quick, we received drinks within a few minutes, except my husband had to wait about ten minutes for his ice tea. Not too big of a deal.
We all ordered different dishes and we were glad the children's dish came out sooner since they were hungry. Their chicken fingers were fresh (not frozen) and delicious. Fries were also fresh and hot. My brothers steak was incredible, my uncle got the blackened chicken which was also amazing. My hubby said the jambalaya was one of the better ones he has got. I ordered the JD burger which was a disappointment. It was definately not a freshly made burger, it was a thin party that was probably microwaved. The fries were cold. My grandmother got the Cajun club sandwich and her fries were also cold as well. She wasn't disappointed but not overly amazed either.
For the price, my meal was not worth it. The atmosphere was lovely and I wasn't horrible upset but if I was looking to go out again, Cactus Club would not be my first choice.

vancouver
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Food okay, better in theory than actual taste. Overpriced and serious service issues. Was more familiar with other locations were it was good. I won't be back to this location again, would rather go to Moxie's or Milestone's.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Pricey, Consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Cactus Club in Richmond is part of a chain of restaurants. Having eaten at several CCs around the Vancouver lower mainland, my wife and I found the food, service, and atmosphere very good, and consistent at all. Chain would appeal to the 20 to 40 year-old, a place to meet, have a drink, and a bite to eat, with attractive greeters and servers (usually young females).

Food is well-made, but not particularly memorable or complex. I had a vegie burger with a side Caesar salad (instead of fries) for an extra surcharge. My wife had the chicken quesadila with a side of sweet potato fries – again for an extra surcharge. Both meals were very good, but I felt a bit nickel and dimed with the additional surcharges which made our overall meal fairly pricey.

Service was very good. Meals came quickly, and were very hot.

• Visited August 2012