“Pricey, Consistent”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Cactus Club in Richmond is part of a chain of restaurants. Having eaten at several CCs around the Vancouver lower mainland, my wife and I found the food, service, and atmosphere very good, and consistent at all. Chain would appeal to the 20 to 40 year-old, a place to meet, have a drink, and a bite to eat, with attractive greeters and servers (usually young females).

Food is well-made, but not particularly memorable or complex. I had a vegie burger with a side Caesar salad (instead of fries) for an extra surcharge. My wife had the chicken quesadila with a side of sweet potato fries – again for an extra surcharge. Both meals were very good, but I felt a bit nickel and dimed with the additional surcharges which made our overall meal fairly pricey.

Service was very good. Meals came quickly, and were very hot.

There are newer reviews for Cactus Club Cafe

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in here for a quick lunch. The place has a cool ambience, a covered "outside area" which looked just like being inside. Lots of staff on premises, less patrons even for a Saturday at 1 pm. We ordered a duck sandwich and a raincoast salad. Both were delicious. Whichever cactus club you may go to the food is comparable and delicious. Our bill came to under $40 and service was fast an overall excellent.

Would eat here again. Make sure to order their carpaccio. So good.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The concierge at our hotel recommended this place and it was great. We went 3x on our week-long trip to BC. The staff was so friendly. I had the burger and it was excellent. The bellini's are the best I have ever had. There is a reason we went back three times!!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The staff were very friendly and we were seated quickly and didn't have to wait long to order. The menu was a bit pricey for this kind of restaurant but not outrageous.

I ordered a burger with side salad. The burger tasted fantastic with a of BBQ sauce that was amazing. My only complaint is that the bun started disintegrating and ended up eating the burger with a knife and fork. My son also ordered the same thing and he had the same problem. The salad was above par and tasty.

My wife decided to order off the appetizer menu as she wasn't that hungry and chose the flat bread. She was absolutely amazed at the taste. I had a taste as well and the toppings were delicious, to say the least! It had a pesto style sauce with a hint of cilantro. And the flat bread ended up being more than big enough for a full meal.

The rest in our party were very pleased with their food as well and was a pleasant dining experience. Will we return? Yes it's very possible.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great service, food is consistently good, drinks are pretty good. This is one of my favourite places in Richmond, BC. Make sure you make a reservation on weekends as this place is always packed. Parking is somewhat limited unfortunately.