The Holiday Inn Express in the Riverport entertainment centre of Richmond is typical of the hotels of this type found throughout Western Canada's cities and larger towns. This hotel is four storeys high, has sufficient surface parking, a pool/hot tub, and a complementary continental breakfast. The Riverport area of Richmond is in the south east part of the city, on the Steveston Highway just east of Highway 99 which comes up from Seattle. Although easy to access, it is kind of remote to businesses and attractions in Richmond and Vancouver: having use of a car is almost essential (although a city bus does stop in the area). An attached four-storey addition is being constructed behind the hotel.
Registration was smooth. The front desk staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. My wife and I were assigned a fourth-floor room which had two double beds. Although okay, we really felt a king would be more appropriate for our needs, and, when we requested one, we were given one on the same floor the next day without any hassle. The only drawback to our new room was that there was no bathtub, just a large shower. Not a major deal. The room was comfortable, modern, clean, and quiet. Maid service was excellent.
The continental breakfast was, as in most Holiday Inn Expresses, very good. Several entrees of hot food (potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon) were available, as well as pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, juices, and coffee. A self-serve pancake-maker was a unique feature, producing freshly-cooked pancakes at the push of a button. The staff in the breakfast area were quick to refill any food trays that ran low. Seating was comfortable, and overflow space was provided in an adjacent board room. Should one wish to eat lunch or dinner nearby, there is a very good pub as well as an Old Spaghetti Factory restaurant in the Riverport complex (which also includes a large multi-plex cinema with an Imax screen, kids' fun centre, bowling, pools, and hockey arenas.)
The fairly large and very clean swimming pool and hot tub were in a large main floor room with large windows on three sides and access to an outdoor patio with several lounges and a barbecue. (Sadly for us, it rained almost continually the three days we were there.) A workout room is also adjacent to the pool.
I would certainly recommend this hotel, and would not hesitate to choose it in the future. (There is another Holiday Inn Express in Richmond, older but closer to the airport and on a busy thoroughfare, which has somewhat higher rates than this hotel.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Riverport | Richmond! Only the best for you, our hotel offers a complimentary on-demand 24/hour airport shuttle (call for pick-up), free parking, a complimentary Express Start Hot Buffet Breakfast, free high-speed wireless and wired internet as well as complimentary local calls. Relax after a hard days work or go for a leisure swim in the pool. Dip in the hot tub or simply fit in a last minute workout in our fitness centre. Planning a meeting? Look no further. The property offers spacious and technology-friendly meeting rooms equipped for any size group. Our staff are warm, attentive, and ready to help your event run flawlessly. Our Executive Boardroom is perfect for small groups of up to 14 people while our Banquet Hall seats up to 90. You'll love our location as we are conveniently located near several local attractions and business centres as well as to Vancouver and (YVR) Vancouver International Airport. Travellers enjoy staying at our hotel as they experience everything the Richmond and Vancouver area has to offer. Perfect for families or Business Travel in Metro Vancouver, we are just steps from the Richmond Ice Center, Watermania, and the Riverport Sports & Entertainment Complex. Numerous restaurants including two fabulous pubs and 19 movie theatres as well as, bowling are within walking distance. Nature lovers can tour the Vancouver Aquarium or explore the many parks in the area. Historic Steveston in Richmond and Gastown in Downtown Vancouver, just minutes from our Richmond hotel, offer visitors a glimpse into the past. Here for business? You'll appreciate our proximity to Ironwood Business Park, Crestwood Corporate Center, Annacis Island, Tilbury Business Area and Richmond General Hospital. Designed with you in mind, our rooms come complete with a fridge, microwave and coffee/tea station. Looking for a little extra room? Then you'll absolutely love our suites. Specialty rooms and Executive Suites to suit your needs - full kitchen; one and two bedroom suites (fully equipped apartment style), in-room Spa Suites, Junior Suites for the Executives, Kitchen Studio Kings, three fully ADA Accessible rooms and Standard King or Two Bedroom Queens rooms are also available. Stay connected with high-speed internet access and be efficient by using our media hubs allowing you to connect to the TV wirelessly via an HDMI plug-in or bluetooth (only available in our Executive Suites). Something for everyone - looking forward to having you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Riverport
- Holiday Inn Express Riverport
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn