“3rd time I've stayed here, just an awesome B&B!!”

The Stone Hedge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 29 Richmond B&B and Inns
British Columbia
“3rd time I've stayed here, just an awesome B&B!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was my 3rd time staying at the Stone Hedge, and it was just as perfect as the first 2 times I was there. I got the Safari Room once again because I love this little guesthouse by the pool. It is so beautifully appointed, and has the most amazing stone walled shower,
big screen TV and fireplace to name just a few.

Breakfast was so delicious! Blueberry yogurt with fresh blueberries and blackberries and granola on top, blueberry muffins with 3 different choices of jams, and Eggs Benedict.. All this served with bottomless coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Brian and Linda are wonderful hosts and full of information about Richmond and Vancouver, it is really one of the most delightful experiences I have had staying at a B & B and I will continue to stay here whenever I visit Vancouver.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank gymgalca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I booked with the Stone Hedge for a weekend with two girlfriends as we were all attending a roller derby bootcamp at Minoru Arena up the road and were wanting something close... I made the booking with Brian (one of the owners) who was over the top accommodating for us. We were given the family suite, two bedrooms, (3 beds in total, one king & two twins), two bathrooms (AMAZING stone shower with the greatest water pressure, and a jacuzzi tub (they said two person, but the three of us managed to fit!))... We were blown away as we were guided by Brian (who picked us up at Bridgeport station at 10pm!) to our entrance at the back, to see the immaculate, illuminated bright blue pool with a fountain in the middle. Being shown the suite, all three of us jaws dropped... The incredible attention to details made us feel so pampered and welcomed, beautiful flowers, a delicious lemon loaf, chocolates on the pillow and who could forget the ever-replenishing grand marnier by the bed. We immediately hopped in the pool and were delighted by how warm it was when it has been so cold out! The gardens surrounding the pool are gorgeous, filled with the sounds of birds and tall trees shelter the yard so it gets sun, but you feel as if you are the only house for miles! Two dining areas, a park bench, and lounge chairs surround the gardens... No matter where you choose to sit, it is beautiful.

We were blown away by the breakfast EXPERIENCE. Fine dining poolside with gold cutlery and several courses, each one better than the last. Decadence is the only way to describe The Stone Hedge. I can't say enough good things about Brian and Linda, they were so accommodating, providing unexpected rides, bringing snacks and treats, (replenishing the grand marnier. lol), providing the history of Richmond, taking pictures for us in the gardens, providing IMMACULATE suites... I could go on and on... There is no question that we will be staying at The Stone Hedge again, and our reviews could not be higher! (We were also shown the Safari House, it is just as beautiful!)

If you are looking for a quiet and decadent getaway and want to feel pampered, I highly recommend The Stone Hedge.

Room Tip: If you are not taking the entire family suite, try to book the safari room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank JackieVictoriaBC
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I love staying at the Stone Hedge ( 2009, 2010 and now 2011). The Coopers are warm
and friendly hosts who provide what a traveller needs - A comfy bed with great sheets and pillows in a clean room; a spacious, spotless bathroom and a top rate breakfast.
The Safari House in the garden is my favorite room ( private and cosy ) although I also stayed once in the Royal suite - very nice.

I have travelled quite a bit in Canada and the United States, staying at a variety of hotels, inns and B&B's. If I could move the Stone Hedge to wherever I was going, I would be a
very satisfied traveller.

Room Tip: Safari House if it is available.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laurentide68
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

I find myself in Vancouver overnight often due to work and have tried all the major hotels over the years. I find that I keep coming back to the Stone Hedge B&B as I'm always amazed at the quality of care the hosts seem to put into every little detail, such as the perfectly clean rooms (I've had the pleasure of staying in all three, I enjoy the house out back the best) and the gourmet breakfast provided in the breakfast room every morning. As someone who flys out of YVR on early flights I know it can be difficult finding decent breakfast, but the hosts were more than happy to have a delicious meal for me before my flight. Being less than 10 minutes away from the airport is a great thing as well. The rooms are very nice with all the pillows and sheets you could want, and also very nicely decorated. Little things like the fresh flowers in the bathroom and the use of a washing machine and dryer. Also a video library and the hosts never seem to mind giving me a ride to a good restaurant or assisting me with a cab. I've never used the pool however in the summer I can imagine it might be refreshing.

In summary, I have stayed here in the past and also plan on staying here in the future. Always great, friendly service, and I've never been disappointed with a single thing.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank ChrisH080
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stayed here in the summer only cause we had to because our original booking at another B&B was overbooked. The rate for the room was ridiculously expensive as my partner and I have travelled and stayed at many B&B's around the world. None were as expensive as the Stonehedge B&B! Sure you get a nice breakfast with the price but the big negative of this B&B are the hosts. They seemed to care only about making money then to actually get to know their guests. We definetly did not feel warm and welcomed as some of the other reviewers have. We felt like we were an inconvenience. Overall, I would NOT stay at this B&B again. It was the worst experience we have ever had.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mysunshine99
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

This was my repeat stay at The Stonehedge Bed And Breakfast, once again an overnight on my way home from Asia. It did not disappoint. I was lucky enough to once again get the guesthouse, which is so beautifully decorated and nice and quiet. I had a lovely breakfast, enough to hold off the hunger pangs until I got back home 5 hours later. This is my favorite B & B to stay at in Vancouver, 10 minutes from the airport makes it extremely handy. The garden is amazing, lovely flowers and the chirping of birds lends a sense of serenity that I haven't found elsewhere on the mainland. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gymgalca
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

When I booked this B&B already in February 2009, I got a warm feeling. Brian & Linda were very helpful with all my questions, because a friend and I were planning to visit Vancouver for the Olympics and as true Dutch speedskating fans we wanted to be as close to the speedskating oval as could be. Also when I called to ask some things, Linda took her time to answer on all of my questions. So I booked the full 15 days for the Olympics at their B&B. And we have not regretted it for a single moment.

What a wonderfull B&B. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed and we were shown our room, breakfast room, bathroom, even a washing machine and dryer we could use. Everything was decorated very tasteful.
Every morning we were served a 3-course breakfast and I have to say that not one day was the same. Linda is a magician in the kitchen! And Brian was a wonderful waiter/host and since I am very curious about anything I keep asking questions of Vancouver and the Canadian history and he could almost explain everything or looked it up for us.
Every evening when we returned from a Olympic venue/game a freshly baked cake or pie or muffin was set on the breakfast table.

Brian even brought us to the speedskating oval (because people were not allowed to drive near the venue only people that had their business there and had a special permit) and he put us in front of the venue, so we did not have to walk all the distance.

Whenever we talked with other Olympic visitors and heard of their treatments in the hotels, we were so glad we chose the B&B of the Coopers.
Whenever I return to Vancouver I will surely book the Stonehedge again, no doubt about that.

Thank you Linda & Brian for your generous Canadian welcome and making our Olympic experience a wonderful one!
Greetings from Amsterdam