“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I treated myself to a mini-holiday with a one night stay. I travelled out on the sky train from Vancouver - 25 minutes - and had a relaxing massage. I then spent a few hours in the casino and had an all-day breakfast in the cafe at a reasonable price. There is a large buffet-style restaurant on site and an Italian-style restaurant. My room was very nice with a view towards Vancouver. The bed was super-comfortable. It is also very close to the airport. - 5 mins. on the sky train. There is also a showroom at the resort but a fund raising concert was being held that weekend. Altogether a pleasant mini-break.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear patthetraveller0,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from you latest stay with us. I am glad your mini-holiday turned out so fantastic and you were able to enjoy the Absolute Spa, The Buffet & Casino. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Roland Monteiro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at the River Rock Casino for a weekend spa getaway. The hotel rooms were very nice and clean with a great view from the 12th floor. However, the purpose of the trip was for the spa. Very disappointed in the massage and facial I received. The 90 minute massage I received did not include any massaging on the front ie, legs. Worst massage I have ever paid for. The facial advertised a massage for the arms and hands, as well as the scalp. In fact, my spa worker left the room instead of massaging my arms and hands and the scalp massage consisted of placing hands at edges of my head and not rubbing the scalp.

The spa services are better in the school of asthetics for 1/4 of the price. At least they aim to please. The girls at the Absolute Spa shouldn't be in this business if they don't want to touch people.

Room Tip: Ask for the 12th floor, river view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank S-Rtravelbirds
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear S-Rtravelbirds,

First of all I want to thank you for telling us about your experience. It is because of feedback like yours that we can better ourselves as a resort. I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Absolute Spa. I will be sending your feedback to their manager who will have to discuss with their employees. If you would like to contact me personally so I can get the Spa Manager in contact with you to learn more about your experience, please email Chanel Holt, cholt@riverrock.com and she will be happy to help you.

BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and everything from check in to the service and room where all better than excellent.
We where in the new building and the room was top notch. The pool with the water slide was an added bonus as well as the free parking and internet service.
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dflyboy,

Thank you for telling us about your great experience at The Hotel at River Rock. I appreciate your feedback and am glad to hear that you found all of our staff and amenities so excellent. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Since we were renting a car and arriving in the evening, it made sense to pick-up the car, leave the airport and spend the night nearby to avoid driving into the city late at night.
Free parking and the fact that this is part of a resort and The Hotel section was said to be newly built seemed reassuring.

Concierge/check-in staff for The Hotel was soso, no valet came to get our car or luggage.
The next morning, reception across the street had a very friendly and helpful women giving us maps and tourists driving info.

We felt the room was like in the pictures. Very clean but small, even if it was a corner room.
I could't remember last time I saw shower curtain in a hotel.... so not sure how recent this property really is.

The food and staff at the buffet was decent but our waitress (old asian woman) was rude but another one was so sweet (younger Filipino) so it made up for it.
The resort property seemed much larger in pictures, it was nice looking like a log cabin. We liked the curved escalators.
Location is in a weird industrial location.
They should have a free airport shuttle, but the free self-park was easy.

Would not stay there for more than 1 night consecutively, but for late arrivals when you rent a car the location and price for 1 night is quite convenient. This beats any ''near the airport motel /hotel'' but not actual in airport terminal hotels.

Room Tip: We chose The Hotel as the price was much cheaper and it was a good decision as the free parking lot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Globetrotter_411
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Globetrotter_411,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Hotel at River Rock. We appreciate your honesty and will pass on yoru feedback to our buffet and front desk staff. We hope you can come and stay with us again.
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've been to this hotel twice and I absolutely love their beds.
So amazingly comfortable, best sleep you'll ever have.
Also played at the casino both times and that was fun.
Buffet breakfast is really good too.
I tried out their pool the second time. The jets didn't seem to want to work in the hot tub and it wasn't hot tub hot but it was still nice. Really wanted to use the slide but there were two kids constantly using it and as an adult it would've felt creepy to use it at the same time so I didn't :P
All in all, it's always a great stay and we will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear ThatChica,

First of all, I am so glad that you enjoty our beds! They are custom made for the RIver Rock but guests can also purchase new River Rock beds through us as well! If you are ever needing a bed, definitely give us a ring. I will pass on the feedback from your time spent in the pool area, our engineers can check into that issue. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Regards,
Victoria, B.C>
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

So, first visit was booked on the animal floor. Yup. They have a floor just for people with dogs/cats which I do not have. Was awake all night with a dog howling next door. "next visit you will be upgraded for your horrible experience". Next visit, upgraded to the presidential suite. One bedroom 2 bathrooms very spacious for my son and myself. I went to bed early he came in at 2 a.m. To sleep on the pull out couch. That was it for me. I didn't hear him come in but heard the very loud SQUEAK all night long every time he moved around on this sofa bed. So sorry they say. Will let housekeeping know. Third visit with my other son we both turned in at the same time him on the sofa bed now in a regular room. This sofa bed squeaks even worse so now there's zero sleep for me. Next morning at check out " we will have to let housekeeping know". Are you kidding I said. That's what you said last time. I travel to Vancouver on e a week and I'm telling you the Best Western is far better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BonitaMama
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear BonitaMama,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review. Valuable feedback like yours enables us to further improve our service levels and the variety of products we offer. Honest commentary from the Guests' perspective is our greatest tool in our pursuit of service excellence. I am sorry to hear of your negative experience at the River Rock in regards to dog noise. I can imagine your frustration after losing a good night sleep. The River Rock is a pet friendly hotel although we actually do not have a designated pet floor. The entire property is a pet friendly hotel and our guests with pets can enjoy any of our rooms and suites. Obviously a barking dog is not appropriate and our hotel staff would have been able to talk to the guest in question with the pet if we are notified of the incident. As for the noise from the sofa bed, please accept my apology for the inconvenience. We are actually in the process of replacing all our sofa beds. Please contact myself directly the next time you plan on coming to Vancouver. I would be happy to make any sort of arrangements you may require so that your next visit is a great one! Please contact our Front Office Manager at email mramadan@riverrock.com.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Apologies for the pun...but it really is a great place to stay. Chosen for sightseeing in nearby Vancouver Richmond is a 'burb' of this happening and chilled out city...the most relaxed of all cities in the West. The River Rock boasts as a resort...and it is...with every amenity for modern living...shops...eateries...rooms...suits as big as any living quarter...films...live shows and cabaret...spa...pool and hot tubs..and water slide...fitness centre...you name it...plus direct access to the magnificent skytrain which takes 15 mins to reach Vancouver centre...don't even need to go outside. All this for under £100 pppn. Rooms as big as a house and luxury toilette with closet bath robes. The Casino is great for atmosphere alone ...so no worries if you are not into this particular entertainment. Plenty to do without betting on it :-) Cafes and gift shops and big name shows with impressive concierge service giving advice for tours around Vancouver...hop on and hop off...or pick up from the resort. At night there is a fabulous lit area on the bay /port of Richmond with yachts the size of small towns. Great lounge facilities and relaxing outdoor sofas after a days weeks or months sightseeing ! For highfliers...business facilities are impressive and vast with everything to impressive. The airport is closeby ...the valet service is top rate. This River rocks and flows like a dream !

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Alison,

Thank you for your fantastic review! We truely appreciate your feedback, it reinforces that we are providing great customer service and experiences to our guests. I am glad that you found our staff, outlets and amenities all top notch and we hope you can come stay with us next time you are in town.