“nice but very noisy”

River Rock Casino Resort
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip. The room was absolutely beautiful but I had the worst sleep. I kept hearing loud talking and slamming doors throughout the middle of the night. I was exhausted the next day for my meeting. The doors seemed like they were made of paper. I could hear every sound.

Room Tip: avoid anything near the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear NorthernBCTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time spent at the River Rock. I apologise that you were not able to sleep as soundly as you would have liked. Our Front Desk team is around 24/7 incase you want to report any situations in the hallways. We do hope that you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I love the river rock resort!! its my mini vacation every year! The rooms are amazing! great beds clean rooms. My only complaints are how expensive it is to eat and how early check out is. After a long night of gambling last thing you want is to get up early to check out. Needless to say i will be staying there again this Feb 2013 & i am very excited about it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AP,

Thank you very much for the ind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us here at The River Rock and will be returning in the New Year. Thank you for your patronage.

Kindly.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great Hotel while staying in Vancouver area! Close to the Airport! Close to skytrain wich takes 15 min to get to downtown. Great service and reasonable prices on room service! Right on the waterfront, lively atmsophere!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Blueoceanskies,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from you latest River Rock Experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you come and stay with us again soon.

Kindly,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My best friend and I decided to go on a Thursday evening because we heard they had a great live band. We showed up and no bartender or server would look at us. We stood at the bar to get a drink and the bartender wouldnt look at us, when the server came to bar he went to get her the drinks she needed for her tables and moved so slow, when he was done he still didnt come over to us to get us a drink. Finally after 15 mintes of standing there we left and got food at the food court. It was so awkward. Then we heard the live band come on so we went back to dance. We wanted to get a few shots in us to help out on the dance floor so we tried the bar again. The bartender was again helping the server for a long time, and the other bartender was standing next to him and would look up at us waiting but just wouldnt come over to help us. We finally moved over and demanded service, the bartender ID'd us again and while we were fishing out our ID he went to help the server again for another five minutes... it was the most awkward thing. Another guest even came over to us and noted how rude he was. I have never had such awful service, I felt like we werent wanted there at all. I got the shots I needed and gave the bartender the tip he deserved $0.00.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chantal B

Dear Cantal B,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your experience at Lulu's Lounge. I am so sorry that you experienced such terrible service during your time with us and I deeply apologize. This is not River Rock Experience that our guests come to receive from us. I am wondering if you would be kind enough to contact us and we can try to fix this situation with you. We value your patronage, if you could please contact Chanel Holt Cholt@riverrock.com, and would love to chat about the incident if possible.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stay at the River Rock typically one night per month (if we're lucky, two nights!) when we travel to Vancouver for a regularly scheduled appointment. We have been taking this monthly trip for about 2 years now. We had stayed there a few times prior to this, and LOVED the atmosphere, the elegance and the service. When we first began our regular visits, we encountered a few problems - nothing major - but a few small things that just took away from our Five Star opinion of the River Rock. However, when asked by the manager to provide feedback on our stays, everything was corrected immediately.

Overall, the Resort (we've never stayed at the Hotel) is everything we could want - we consider it a home away from home - although it is much more beautiful and fun than our actual home! It is always decorated beautifully to suit the season. The all-suite rooms are spacious, the beds are extremely comfortable, there are flat screen tvs in the livingrooms and bedrooms. Roomservice is expensive, but worth it, and they have always gone out of their way to accommodate some very specific dietary needs. The buffet is terrific - with a fresh sushi bar for dinner and an omlet and waffle bar at breakfast.

The pool is absolutely perfect if you are travelling with kids. There is a nice shallow end for little ones, and a great waterslide for everyone to enjoy. We let the kids swim and slide while we sit in the hottub.

The hotel is always spotless (I'm a bit of a germaphobe!), as is the casino, the pool and gym areas. The staff are always exceptionally helpful and kind - they always have a smile on their face. We have used the concierge desk several times with much satisfaction. Truly - I cannot say enough good things about the River Rock.

Room Tip: If you like to use the pool, ask for a room on the East Tower in order to be closer to the pool (oth...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Mel O,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your great experiences with us at the River Rock. We are so flattered that you find us your "home away from home" and thank you for your patonage. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Kindly,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times. Despite the fact it is within 20 minutes from out house, we stay there to get a night away from the norm.

The rooms at this hotel are very clean and comfortable, and offer excellent views of the south end of Vancouver.

The entertainment at this resort is incredible. We have seen many shows at the theatre;

Wanda Sykes, Weird Al Yankovic, Chicago, Nick and Sophie Simmons, just to name a few.

The casino is very well layed out,m offering many new games and a comfortable, non-smoking environment. On the weekends, there is always excellent free entertainment in Lulu's Lounge.

I would highly recommend this hotel for visitors to Vancouver, and locals alike!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jshack75

Dear jshack75,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! we appreciate you taking them time to tell us about your numerous stays with us and the shows that you have attended! We have some great shows coming in 2013 so keep checking our theatre calendar. We hope to have you back again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a fabulous time with the River Rock Casino Resort, and thought it will be the same experience with the newly built "The Hotel". We were largely dissatisfied.

To start, they gave us a handicap room (I take that as an insult). It is not possible to change these rooms since it was ordered through the company. That wasn't too bad we thought initially until we realize how bad the room is position in the building: Right outside of the elevator. For the sake of convenience, I believe it is a necessary move, but it is impossible to have a good night sleep when every time the elevator opens on your floor or a sky-train is closed by, it shakes your toilet to make the "rattling" sounds continuously. I did a count of how many dings and sounds it was making, 25 times per hour! My wife wasn't happy at all. If you put it to perspective, how many of these handicap rooms they have on the entire building would equal to to amount of sleepless people in the building, no wonder the casino is busy.

Secondly, The sound proof sucks (we should have figured it out when we hear the dings from the elevators). There are people screaming and yelling when they get out of the elevator throughout the night, and we can hear quite clearly what they were saying, and perhaps some of the juicy details as well. We also have random visitors knocking our doors (or it could have been the rattling sounds), we can hardly say that we feel safe even though our doors are tightly shut.

Lastly, for the same amount that we were paying, we got breakfast buffet for two last year. This year, we have to pay our own. That was probably the most depressing thing of it all, because their breakfast buffet was something that I look forward to the most.

The good thing out of this, is that I've learnt that the service receptionists are very "quick" to check you out. They are not interested at all about what you think about their service, or where the comment feedback cards are located for clients to leave them a feedback (we've asked two who have no clue, and the more senior ladies finally give up and gave us one to fill out). This is why I am leaving my comments here, and hopefully the service manager can see it and pick it up. I think this hotel positioned themselves as 4 diamond, and in my opinion, it is 3 star at best.

It will be difficult for me to come back again to The Hotel at River Rock Casino Resort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear cloudx2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback from your last stay. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience and were dissatisfied. We would love to get more information on the stay and try to fix this for you. We would greatly appreciate if you could contact Chanel Holt at cholt@riverrock.com as we would love for you to have a proper River Rock Experience.