“Poor service & disappointed.”

La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 10, 2009

We stayed here for one night & I would not recommend it. Upon arrival, the staffs never greeted us & were unfriendly, inattentive and slow.The air conditioning/heater was also very noisy through the night keeping my husband up. There is also no bath robes available.
The dining room, where buffet breakfast served, is quite small & the variety is very limited. When we went for breakfast at 8.15am, the sausages were finished but no replenishment.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shirzaw

Reviewed November 22, 2009

My stay at this hotel was so amazingly bad that it's impossible to make up what has happened. I would give zero stars for service if I could. And it's kind of in the middle of nowhere - only stay here if you want to be close to the airport (not even that close - 10-15 min drive). And if you want to possibly be inconvenienced with the worst service ever.

1. The staff mixed up my booking (for 2 rooms) with my aunt's booking for 1 room. I checked in with my grandmother before my Aunt, and then went for dinner. My Aunt checked in 2 hours later and was mistaken for my grandmother (they share the same last name and first initial - but the booking was made with the last name and 2 initials. And both passports were checked. They are from different countries!). My Aunt was moved three times until they got her room right. She had unpacked and had a shower in 1 of the rooms (which happened to be mine).
And our credit cards were mixed up too. My card was put down as her security card, and her card was used for security on one of my rooms. Which caused a LOT of confusion when we went to check out.

2. My credit card was subjected to an "authorization transaction", where money was held as security. I specifically asked if this (or a full charge) was going to occur, and the answer was no. I understand this is a normal occurrence in some hotels, but being lied to is not nice. Having my bank call me at 5.30 in the morning to confirm "suspicious transactions" was really cheery....

3. My booking for 2 rooms was meant to be for 4 days. We were automatically checked out on the 3rd day. Our room keys stopped working at 9am - without any notice. Check out time is 12 midday - does this make sense??

4. We tried to solve this problem 4 times unsuccessfully. The 4th time resulted in things being sorted out - but not really. We still have to talk to the manager and have to wait 7 days to check that our cards haven't been double charged.

5. The shuttle service is awful. We were the bridal party of my Uncle's wedding, and we had to wait for over an hour for the shuttle to come pick us up from the church. This is a 10 minute drive on a highway in a straight line. There were no tricky turns or obscured signs. Can you imagine being a bride and groom late because the stupid hotel shuttle "got lost"? And we had ordered the shuttle the day before. Use your GPS or read a map! Seriously. Having never driven to the area is not a good enough excuse.

This was such a terrible experience. It marred the happy occasion that was meant to be a wedding. We spent so much time at the front desk trying to sort this out. We are a family spread across the globe and it's rare to be at the 1 place at 1 time. What an absolute waste of time. AND we didn't get any compensation (eg 1 free night, or a voucher for something).

I am so disappointed.

Never again. Please avoid this place. There are much nicer places to stay with more competent staff with training that lets them do things right without having to BS you.

Having said all these things, I will be fair in saying that it's clean and there's free basic breakfast (toast, eggs, slimy "meat" patty, coffee/tea).

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank lilidesu
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Close to airport (shuttle) and great Asian shopping in Richmond.
Good continental breakfast. Clean, tidy rooms.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2009

This is a nicely appointed La Quinta facility, in a good location for walking to restaurants and shuttling to the Vancouver Airport. I will not stay there again, however, after what happened on October 18, 2009. I arrived a little before 10:00 at night and was informed that my "guaranteed" room had been given away. This despite the fact that I had called them from the airport at 9:40 pm to request shuttle service. I was told "the shuttle stopped running at 9:30; please come here by taxi." So either they gave my room away in the 15 minutes it took to get there, or they had already given my room away and cared nothing about the cost of a taxi and the inconvenience of traveling to their location. When I objected, and after considerable waffling, they "solved" the problem by putting me in a rather shabby hotel in an industrial area. With mildewy shower curtains, peeled veneer on the doors, and soiled carpet, this is not the sort of place I would choose to stay at.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank R_Bear
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Hi there! My husband and I were visiting from Jamaica and on our second honeymoon. We booked into the hotel for only one night...not knowing what to expect. However, to our delight, we ended up staying for an entire 11 days and enjoyed every minute of it!

The staff is to be highly commended and it is true... all the amenities you get and excellent customer service, is worth what you pay!

We plan on making reservations for our Christmas and New year vacation.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport on Sept. 24 & 25. Upon arriving at the hotel, we noticed lots of young military men drinking openly in the hallways, pool, fitness area and throughout the hotel (roof top, outside, etc). La Quinta should be commended for welcoming our military groups to stay at their hotels at special rates, as they deserve it. However, it is also a business where other people stay. The drunken and loud behaviour continued for both nights, even after telling hotel staff several times (and no manager would call or speak to me on this serious matter when I requested it). We received drunken phone calls throughout the night in our room from the young lads- looking for their friends, as serious partying was going on all night... The hotel should really look at putting the 'partiers' into one section of the hotel, so that business and family-oriented people could have calm, relaxing stays... During check-out, front office staff were very well aware of the problems but appeared rather aloof and ininterested... Lesson learned: call ahead and see what's happening at the hotel before staying- everything esle was average to below average (rooms, service, cleanliess, food, etc.)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Great Hotel in a great location - only stayed one night en route from Vancouver to Toronto but booked based upon good Trip Advisor ratings, proximity and free transfer to Vancouver Airport and also location to Bikram Yoga Studio.
Staff were very helpful with advice on places to eat nearby.
Free internet allows us to keep in touch with family and friends and the pool was great after our Bikram Yoga workout.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple