La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport
$202
$194
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Accent Inn Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
$124
$118
$249
$223
Travelocity
All reviewsrooftop patiosmall indoor poolmake your own waffleslansdowne mallfree breakfastfree parkingvancouver airportwalking distancewaffle makeryogurtbudget hotelasian foodhotel is locatedshuttle servicehot tubnext morningroom rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice. During the first trip I've stayed only a day, so there is not much to write about. The hotel gave me a good impression so during my second trip to Vancouver, I stayed at La Quinta again this time for a full week. Since I travelled alone, the room is a tad too big for my purpose, which I guess is the only drawback : I am paying for unutilized space.

I arrived at the airport and called the hotel from the complimentary telephone near the shuttle bus area (many visitors do not realise the phone is there). The hotel reception answered the phone and informed that the shuttle van would be there in 5 mins. It probably took 15 mins but it was no issue to me as I was not in a hurry.

Check in was reasonably fast and the shuttle van's driver helped me with my luggage without any fuss. On the downside, elevator is small and slow. Since its not a tall hotel, the stairs is a good alternative.

Room is neat, tidy, clean and not old. It is not sparkling new but acceptable. There is a nice medium sized flat screen tv with most cable channels are available. HINT: you can plug in your external Harddisk/USB Drive to watch your own movies and most video formats I tried are compatible!

There is a decent table to work on with wired internet connection (with cable provided - nice!). Also there is an optional LAN outlet just beneath the desk with extra power points for all the gadgets. There are more power points near the bedside table.

The room has its own heater/air conditioner. Unlike other hotels, the key card is not needed to power up the room. Some travellers might find this useful especially you need to charge batteries. Furnishing does not look dated, but I was told by housekeeping that the hotel is changing out the carpets and furnishing. The new TV stand will be higher for more comfortable viewing. In my opinion, the room still looks new and there is no necessity to change. It is good news as long as the room rate do not increase...

Room comes with bath with shower attachment. Again I find the bath flawless (clean and in good condition). There are other amenities that I did not try, like the pool, business center and laundry.

The room comes with free breakfast. My personal highlight is their unique beef sausages (actually more like beef patties) and waffle machines together with the pretty much standard breakfast fare. Be warned it seems that the hotel only serve beef sausages on alternate days, alternating between hashbrown and sausages. Breakfast time is short 6-9am on weekdays and 6-10am on weekends. Wake up late and you will miss breakfast.

Its near Landsdowne Mall and a bit further the sky train. If you do arrive at the sky train, call the hotel for a pickup and I was told they can arrange for it. Do not attempt to walk with heavy luggage from the Sky train station to the hotel. It is not THAT near. I learned it the hard way in my first trip. I checked out a day earlier than expected (due to my own mistake) and the front desk refunded my unutilised day without fuss.

Finally there are a number of food outlet nearby that should be keep one satisfied for a few days. For about CAD90 a night for a fairly new and clean hotel, this would be really great value.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor, the elevator can be slow.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Dchong2
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I needed a hotel that was convenient for both the Tswwassen Ferry and other parts of the Vancouver metro area and this was the least expensive I could find on the web with decent reviews. It was very busy when I arrived mid-evening, evidently at capacity because I could not find a parking spot. The parking lot is tiny. However, the young receptionist was very helpful, coming out in the rain to help me park in front of the dumpsters as a temporary option until a proper spot opened up. The room was clean and surprisingly quiet except for the hum of an occasional commuter plane making its decent into the airport. The breakfast was the generic hotel breakfast but everything was in abundance with the staff keeping things tidy and restocked. There are a number of asian restaurants within walking distance nearby, some so authentic as to be a little intimidating.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and the elevator was slow so I switched to using the stairs instead (work off that breakfast) but you might want to ask for a lower floor if available. I doubt it makes much difference in terms of noise if you are low or high. My room was surprisingly quiet with aircraft noise the only thing I remember.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

As part of a weekend trip to the Lower Mainland we group booked rooms at La Quinta. The person I was sharing a room with had arrived the night before and was settled in so when I checked in I simply told them the name of my room-mate. I was given a key and told my room number - no request for ID to confirm who I was. Cost of the room - $75/night for 2 people.

I didn't think things were quite right when I got into the room. It sort of looked occupied as one of the beds was messed up, but there was no luggage or any other sign of an occupant. I decided to settle in, grabbed the remote and watched a bit of TV. I figured that perhaps my room-mate was out getting something to eat. When my cell rang I missed the call but checked the message - it was the person I was sharing the room letting me know the room number ... which was different from the one I was in. That's when I noticed the Chinese newspaper on the table and, feeling a bit like Goldilocks, realized that I was in the wrong room. Others in our group had similar experiences when checking-in. Two were booked into a room that was in the process of being painted. They were quickly upgraded.

Aside from those quirks, the hotel is excellent value. The rooms are comfortable, beds great and the pillows not too over-stuffed. Everything was clean and relatively new. WiFi was a bit hit and miss, but workable. Breakfast on both mornings was very good. Nice variety of waffles, hashbrowns, standard microwaved (?) eggs ("scrambled" but perfectly round), coffee, fruit, etc. Service began early. Pool is fairly small, you're not going to be doing laps.

Location is excellent. You're walking distance to Landsdowne Mall and there are some good restaurants nearby. We had an evening meal at Shanghai Wonderful which was .... wonderful. Good access to all major routes and relatively close to the airport.

I've had to overnight in Vancouver in order to catch an early flight in the past - I think that I'll be using La Quinta Inn the next time I need to do that.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tripjimbc
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have stayed several times at this hotel and have had a satisfactory experience.But we were amazed to find that when we arrived at YVR after 9:30 pm there was no shuttle available, and we were advised to get a cab which we were to pay for ourselves.We complained to the front desk staff, but they were not in a position to do anything.Complained to the manager the next day and the hotel paid the cab charge..$16.00. The manager was very nice to deal with and said that she would bring our complaint to the attention of the next level of management. This is not a lot of money, but it did seem odd to us that an airport hotel would not provide a means of transport to and from the airport between 9:30 pm and 6:30am.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank shirl19562014
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great service, convenient location, great price.
We travel with 3 children. Usually we book a 2 double beds room, and we bring an inflatable mattress. Please note that some rooms in that hotel are smaller than the average room, and we were given such a room when we arrived. So we were pretty tight in that room the first night.
So we asked to get two rooms one next to the other, and the staff went out of their way to find us a second room the next morning. At that price, getting a second room is no more expensive than a 4 stars hotel, and we would still be stuck into a 2 double-beds room. This is an incredible deal, we had two rooms (plenty of space for the 5 of us), breakfast included, free parking free, hot tub, very clean rooms (renovated), comfortable beds, close to the train station and malls. And staff really great.
The only negative point is the wifi connection. As you get farther from the elevator, the wifi connections gets weak pretty fast and eventually you cannot get a connection. Seems the router is close to the elevator, and that is where you get the best signal.
Other than that, you cannot beat the quality you get for such a price.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the elavator have fast and strong internet connection.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family