“It provided what I was looking for”
Review of #9 Restaurant

#9 Restaurant
Ranked #217 of 902 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur
“It provided what I was looking for”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I've read that some people have complaints with this restaurant.
That certainly does NOT describe my experiences.
It's a 24-hour restaurant located in a mall; it does not pretend to be haute cuisine.
It serves acceptable Asian and Canadian fare quickly and inexpensively.
Given that this is a Chinese restaurant, obviously most of the restaurant items are Asian.
But there are Western selections too, and I went early morning for a Western-style breakfast. I was not disappointed.
On entering, I was immediately seated, and a hot cup of Chinese tea was quickly brought to my table, along with the menu.
I ordered Selection J: A ham omelette, with toast and peanut butter and jam, hash browns, and coffee. A good deal for under $7.00.
The omelette was not exceptional, but it was fine and contained lots of shredded ham slices.
It was delivered hot and quickly.
Perhaps this restaurant does not meet the needs of some people.
But it, more than adequately, provided everything I asked for.

• Visited August 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Good restaurant, good value”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The restaurant was clean including the washroom, I expected less it being a 24 hour restaurant. The food was great and the service likewise. The only thing is that it is a cash only joint.

• Visited July 2014
NZ
“Just like hong kong I only better prices”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Pleasantly surprised our group.
All dishes were generous portions of hot yummy chinese favorites like noodles with dumplings and rice congee seafood. Service is ok not super friendly. This is a bustling busy cafe in the mall. Convenient easy parking. Prices fair and way less than hk. Recommend the afternoon tea set includes beverage same cost.

Visited May 2014
Calgary, Canada
“It should be the #1 Chinese Restaurant in Vancouver”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

There are 2 sayings about Chinese Restaurants in Vancouver

1 All the good Chinese Restaurants are in Richmond
2 It is so competitive in Richmond that if you are not good, you better move to Calgary

I agree wholeheartedly with these 2 sayings.

#9 has been there for ages. Every time we travel to Vancouver, it is more or less our canteen. Please do not misunderstood, all I am saying is that it is so good that we go there a lot of times. It has so many varieties to pick from that you can go there a lot of times without having to repeat the order.

They open 24 hours a day, may be the only one that do so in Richmond. Most other early ones open at 8:30 am / 9:00 am, and all others open after 11 am.

It is also the less expensive Chinese Restaurant. You will not go wrong with anything you order, but look at their combination special, and watch out for the size of the dishes, it can be too big for your party.

For Breakfast, their 3 major attractions are the BBQ duck, the beef stew fen in clear broth, and the won ton soup. I also like their fish congee with real big chunk of fish

There is nothing wrong with their menu. they have already demonstrated their competitiveness with good food, long hours and reasonable pricing. But I do hope next time I went there, they can introduce some new fusion dishes like what Peter Fang, owner of House of Nanking in San Francisco has done.

(My party has been there for breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night, and afternoon tea, Tripadvisor only allows me to select one)

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Y C
Seoul, South Korea
“good ,cheap,and stays up really dang late!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The thing I like about chinese resturaunts is that they are almost 24/7 and this place is a serious example. I mean it even serves cheeseburgers for drunk hungover party people! What's not to like about this ppave? Plus I find the food pretty good and the service is fast. May not be friendly but when you are hungry in the middle of the night where everywhere you go is closed, who cares about friendly service as long as your food comes in fast right?

Visited August 2013