“I won't be running back”
Review of Stanley's Grill

Stanley's Grill
Ranked #276 of 913 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Bar, Soups
Kelowna, Canada
“I won't be running back”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was really hoping this place would have better food but it didn't. I ate there August 23rd 2013 and paid $43.36 for 2 burgers, 1 with added cheese, a side of gravy, 1 beer & 1 soft drink. Upon arrival we weren't greeted by anyone. There was no noticeable sign saying seat yourself or anything. So chose a booth and by the end of the meal I regretted that decision. The table was too small for the booth causing you to sit awkwardly. The server relied on her memory for the orders which caused issues with other tables. The food came out quickly and the best thing was the fries & gravy but the burger was pretty bad. It was not a handmade patty but was instead a pre-made frozen patty. The lettuce was almost black and the bun which had been toasted was oddly greasy on the bottom and hard on top. Sorry, but you can do better.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cassacacia

Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
“Nice little pub over the Richmond Ice Arena”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently stayed in the area for a conference and found this pub by chance. I wasn't sure upon entering as it's over the Richmond Ice Arena but traveling solo means you sometimes take a chance. I'm glad I did and in fact I went back a few days later for dinner. This is a very friendly place with a view overlooking the ice. There are several televisions scattered around so you can watch the game (hockey playoffs on at the time). I found the wait staff to be very friendly and efficient. The restaurant offers free Wi-fi which is a nice touch.

The menu is the regular affair of burgers, soups, salads, lots of appetizers to share with a crowd and more. There are some not so traditional dishes including a chicken souvlaki which I had served with rice, salad and pita. It was this dish that brought me back again later in the week. I'd recommend this place for a quick bite that isn't from the usual chain fare.

• Visited June 2013