We came here for lunch on a Tuesday afternoon after running some errands in the area. The restaurant was not very busy around 1:30 as there were about a dozen or so customers.
My spouse and I shared the black bean sauce beef rice noodles ($11), the bean curd with assorted meat hot pot ($14.95) and a small bowl of rice ($2). Our order came with a free drink. We chose the lemon tea that was slightly on the sweet side but still good.
The black bean sauce beef rice noodle dish was tasty and comparable to other restaurants. Large slices of beef and lots of onions and green peppers. An above average dish that I would rate 3.5 out of 5.
As for the hot pot, we were a bit surprised by the size of the dish and the amount of ingredients in the dish including bean curd, bbq pork, chicken, shrimp, scallops, squid, napa cabbage and mushrooms. This was a good dish that I would rate at 4 out of 5.
The total bill before the tip was $29.35.
• Quality and taste – good. 3.75 out of 5 rating.
• Quantity vis-à-vis price – good value. 3.5 out of 5 rating.
• Service – the food came in a timely manner. We had to ask for tea refills. 3 out of 5 rating.
We were here last in November 2016 for dinner and I gave the restaurant experience an “average” rating. For lunch, this time, I would rate the food at 3.75 out of 5 trending towards a “good” rating.
Notes & Tips
• This restaurant also has set menu fixed pricing for 2 dishes - $39.80, 3 dishes - $58.80, 4 dishes - $98.80, and 6 dishes - $129.80. Included in the 4 and 6 dish option are the house soup, rice and dessert. In addition, for the 4 and 6 dish options, the price included a ½ order of steamed chicken or a whole crab. For an extra $10 you can order a lobster (in the 3 pound range). As for the 2 dish and 3 dish options, you receive complimentary deep fried chicken wings and for $20 extra you can substitute a crab or lobster.
Check the website for menu and additional information. You should note the fixed price menus on the website are not up to date as at May, 2018.
• Cash and debit only
• Seating for about 90 people in booths and tables.
• The restaurant is located in the strip mall behind the Continental Seafood Restaurant that is located at the corner of Number 5 and Cambie Road.
• Small parking lot shared with 2 or 3 other establishments including Panago Pizza and LA Express. Limited street parking is available.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.