“Something Different in Steveston Village”

Steveston Village Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 974 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We live close by and decided to give this place a try. We wanted something different that was not sushi and not overpriced. This place fits the bill perfectly. We started out with the appetizers - fried wonton and the butter garlic marinated beef. So yummy. We then had two bowls of pho with beef balls, a BBQ chicken rice noodle bown with spring rolls, and a fried noodle with seafood. We ended the meal with a tiramisu and a toasted coconut cake. Both delicious desserts were made by the server, who I think is the owner's son. We were so impressed with the coconut cake that we asked the server/baker if we could buy a whole cake. Apparently, you can! You can bet I'll be buying one (or more) of this cake for upcoming family birthdays. The whole meal was wonderful, service was warm and exceptional. and the restaurant was clean and well kept. This is our new go-to place for a meal close to home.

2  Thank RichmondCA

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went for lunch today with my hubby and we're SO glad this place opened up in Steveston. There's lots of Japanese places in the area so it was nice to have a Vietnamese place to eat at.

We arrived around 12:30 and the place was almost full which meant it had to be good. The service was excellent - the owner and the young man serving could not have been any nicer. We shared the deep fried wontons (addictive!) and I had the BBQ pork skewer/roll dip/vermicelli bowl - hubby had the same but with chicken. Lots of people were ordering the vast variety of soups on the menu and they were HUGE. We're going back on Tuesday for dinner. Would highly recommend this place - we want it to be successful so please visit!

2  Thank TravelBug021
Reviewed January 8, 2013

A new addition to the neighbourhood and a great one at that. Crisp, clean, open decor and attentive service. I had the rare beef pho (small) $7.95 and a hot Vietnamese coffee which was the best I have had. The pho was hot and tasty, the beef thin and the broth full of flavour. A great place for lunch with a varied menu.

1  Thank Sabcfamily
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Tried this new Vietnamese restaurant on a cold and rainy day in Steveston and I really enjoyed it. The restaurant is clean and bright. The service was friendly and very attentive. I enjoyed the Won Ton Soup and a the Salad Rolls. The soup broth was very tasty and the pork wontons were just the right size and had a clean pork flavour. The salad rolls were very fresh, but I wished the peanut dipping sauce was more pea-nutty tasting. My husband had the BBQ Pork with Spring Rolls on Vermicelli and it was delicious. We decided to stay for dessert and WOW...the homemade coconut cake was amazing! I will be back for sure for another slice of cake and this time to try the Vietnamese coffee.

3  Thank JenniferFun