“Second Review - 3.5 Points”
Review of Man Ri Sung

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Man Ri Sung
Ranked #538 of 910 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Korean
Richmond, Canada
“Second Review - 3.5 Points”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

As mentioned in my first review on this restaurant, I went there tonight to try their Peking Duck dinner set. The set for 4 people (good enough for 6) has increased by $10 to $69. Like last time, I asked for Peking Duck when making table reservation. Upon arrival, the restaurant was full house with some people waiting outside. I noted that big parties (more than 5 people) will order the duck dinner set but small parties will order Korean food. In terms of food quality, I can only give them 3.5 points tonight but better than my second visit. Meat was a bit dry - slightly over-cooked. Other dishes are good. I think if you really want the best qulality, go there in week days to avoid too many orders; thereby reducing food quality.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Hongkongboy55

Richmond, Canada
“Korean Restaurant selling Peking Duck”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The restaurant has been there for some time but did not draw my attention as their name created confusion - Korean restaurant selling Northern Chinese food. However, referred by a friend of mine, I went there twice. My first visit was on a Friday evening to try their Peking Duck. You need to tell them in advance if you want Peking duck. Like all other Korean restaurants, they offered small Korean dishes free. We ordered a Peking duck set dinner for 4 for below $60. Said to cook with wood logs, the Peking duck was excellent to our complete satisfaction. The smell and meat texture were absolutely one of the best in town. We learned from them that the Korean chef has lived in Beijing for several years to learn the technique. The set also offered other dishes (you can choose) to include fried Korean noodle as well as northern Chinese noodle in hot pot with duck skeleton soup base. I intended to recommend 4 stars (or even 5) to Tripadvisor members but needed the feedback as their name was not on the list. My friend also told me that their Pork Bone soup and Ginseng Chicken soup were also tasty. Last Saturday, I went there again accompanying more people with an intention to order all 3 recommended . But for unknown reason, we were totally disappointed when the duck was presented. Instead of slicing the duck in front of us like last time, it came on a plate/bowl and there were no taste and poor meat texture; thus forcing us to stop ordering other 2 dishes. So, I can only give them a score of 3 only at this stage. I definitely will go there again for the third time to verify my experience. With my 1st time excellent experience plus the high recommendation from my trusted friend, I am sure it will not be bad.

• Visited July 2012