“A good hotel near the airport.”

Quality Hotel Airport South
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, Japan
“A good hotel near the airport.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just stayed here for a night, but it was in a good location near the airport. Comfortable and clean rooms. The weird part was when we checked out in the morning at 6, we asked the manager to call us a taxi, as the shuttle bus didn't run that early. 2 taxis were waiting (1 was for another guest), a minivan taxi and and a Prius taxi. For some reason one of the drivers insisted on taking 3 of our members with him while I went with the other guest in the Prius taxi. I tried to explain to the driver that we were separate groups and that it made more sense for the 4 of us to go in the minivan taxi, but to no avail. I would have liked the manager (who was there) to have stepped in and told the taxi dude to cool it, but we made it OK, so whatever.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Two families booked 2 rooms through priceline. Upon arrival, Tina (receptionist) and Vijay (manager) worked in sync to make us pay for $50 upgrade. We booked the rooms for $53 each and ended up paying over $116 with the tax. Vijay, not at the site but on the phone, agreed to refund if priceline calls back. Upon their call back to hotel, he changed his mind and refused to refund. If we had not stay at the lobby to confirm the cancellation, we would ended up paying for two hotels.

The receptionist (Tina) was worse than her manager, as she did all she could to make us pay for the upgrade, no matter how we explained and implored, zero accommodation and zero empathy, keeping a sadistic smirk all throughout. I have seen many different types of people in my line of work and never seen anybody who can torment entire 2 families with kids for 45 minutes in the lobby and keep straight face like that. Worse part is she seems to enjoy it, knowing that we can never get out of it.

Both families had kids and we drove over 3 hours getting there, so we finally gave up. We agreed to pay, on top of $53 original cost, $50 upgrade cost plus tax for an additional bed in the room. After all that, we were finally checked into 2nd floor rooms, facing busy street with window AC/Heater units (no central). Their “free parking” was full, so had to park half way over the curve, along with other “unlucky” cars lined up half way over the curve. Needless to say, rest of our experiences did not make the check in experience slightest bit better. AVOID, AVOID, this hotel, especially if you are traveling as family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edward S
Chambery, France
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The title is the reason for my reserving a room in that hotel. You need to know that, although the hotel claims to offer a free airport shuttle, that service is available only from 6:30 (first shuttle to Vancouver airport, too late for a very early flight, but OK for my 8:00 flight from YVR) to 21:00 (last shuttle from the airport), and the service from the airport is on call onIy; besides, I was told that the shuttle would show up in 15 minutes, but I waited more than 30 minutes... in the cold wind. Indeed, the day being cold, rainy and windy, I gave up on visiting Vancouver sights or restaurants by night, checked in at 6 pm, and appreciated taking a hot bath. I got a double bed, which was enough for my needs. Continental breakfast is included, which is a plus, but available only from 6:30 (the same time as the first shuttle). Other than that, I slept very well, and I would return there!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ruddy L
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed November 17, 2013

As a Choice Privileges Diamond member, I stay in Choice family properties frequently, of which Quality is one. Overall, I found this hotel to be adequate and acceptable for an overnight stay - not special or exceptional, but adequate.

Because I only needed a place to sleep for a quick overnight stay, I booked the least expensive room - a room with a single double bed, and my rating is based on that room. Other, more expensive rooms were also available.

My room was quite small - upon entry, I found a rather long corridor that led to what turned out to be a very small room at the end. The double bed took up much of the floor space; there was an adequate work tabletop with a large flatscreen TV taking up a lot of that space. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The bathroom was spotless, and the shower delivered a strong flow of hot water.

My guess is that the room was priced lower than others because of its small size.

It was cold outside, and my room was chilly, so I turned on the in-room climate control unit, which, disappointingly, put out an anemic stream of tepid air that took a long time to warm up. Eventually the room, did warm up to an acceptable level, but it took a lot longer than it should have. I do not know if the climate control unit was merely defective or if this is the case with other rooms at this hotel, which is why I mention it. Vancouver can get quite cold in the winter, and having in-room units that warm things up quickly is probably important to most people.

Parking was free; there's a small garage beneath the hotel, and entry requires swiping ones room key (good securitiy). Parking is a bit tight but adequate.

Overall - hotel is adequate, but not exceptional.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank step12dude
Everett, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel sits in a great location: Just a block from restaurants and stores, a few blocks from a major mall, and best of all a large park right behind it. The park has walking trails, a pond, and some exercise equipment and fields at the far end.

Our room was large and clean, the staff pleasant, the meal tasty and plentiful. Breakfast staff helps people and collects their used plates and trash.

Free parking is in a basement garage with a gate operated by the room key. Parking is tight so come early. Some spaces are difficult to get into. Overflow parks outside.

We liked being in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of top floors have a close-up view of the park. Rooms in front view the businesse...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 828TJA
Orlando
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

So often Canadian hotels are more than double the price of an equal property in The States. Not so here! I booked an on-line price and was upgraded when I checked in. The room was large, clean, and well appointed with a large flat screen TV, fridge, and in-room coffee. Free pick up and return to the airport was prompt and friendly. In addition, many choices for restaurants were within a block of the property.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fotojo2
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this location on previous locations.
The hotel continues to have many good points. Our room was very clean and well appointed. We heard very little exterior noise. Location is close to numerous restaurants and shopping areas. Parking is in a secure garage.
However, a few areas are worth bringing to a traveller's attention. Hallway carpet (at least on the second floor) is ripped, uneven and needs replacing. The breakfast area offerings have changed: no fruit cocktail any more, replaced by cold sausage (not a positive change). Lastly, this location continues to suffer (for those of us with a little hearing loss) very low TV volume. (When asked I was told that a bylaw required low volume, but I stayed at other hotels in Richmond where volume was not turned down?)
Despite these few issues, we continue to highly recommend this hotel to travellers !

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple