All reviews chop steakhouse columbia tower steve nash gym denny's restaurant chops outdoor pool free parking hot tub vancouver airport rooms are nice every half hour shuttle yvr freeway vehicle canada plane
Reviewed August 11, 2018

We made reservations to stay at this hotel because of its location. It was not a very good experience. The hotel is very difficult to find. We found the dirty towels of the previous guest on the floor. When we made the reservations I added breakfast and somehow i requested an email confirming that we were two in the room and the breakfast was for two. I was given only one voucher and when I asked the manager for another one. he said that breakfast is only for one. That wasnt very logical. I had to go back to my room and get that lucky email to show him to get a second voucher. I felt that wasnt very hospitable from a manager.

Room tip: Make sure to confirm everything in writing. Dont include breakfast
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
EdwinJ381, General Manager at Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Dear Ghassan A,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apology for inconvenience about the breakfast
We'll definitely use it to train our staff.

Sincrely,

Sandman Siganture Vancouver Airport

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

A practical review:
Shuttle bus from the airport is dependable. It departs the hotel on the hour and every half hour, so it collects at the airport 10-15 minutes later. It makes two airport stops--international, then domestic terminals. You need to schedule shuttle trips to the airport with the front desk. They will give you a paper voucher to prove your reservation.
Take care that you have the correct Sandman. The shuttle from the airport bus stops at two. The first is the smaller Sandman Hotel with Moxie Cafe. The second stop is the much larger Sandman Signature Hotel about 500 meters down the road. There is a trail of dusty rutted woe from people who confused the near identical hotel names, and dragged their bags between the properties.
Check-in was quick. The hotel is busy with families with children and drowsy flight crews, but there were always 3 staff members at the check-in counter, and I never saw a line.
...scratch that, I'm typing at 8:45 PM on a Friday and a long check-in line suddenly materialized...
The layout is complex. There are two towers with near silent elevators servicing them. Between the towers are indoor and outdoor pools. Bewildering signage will keep you guessing how to reach them.
WiFi: dribbles. Not able to download any sizeable files. I've read that the hotel recently upgraded the wifi system. What? It's possible for wifi to be slower?
Rooms are nice, but prepare to be baffled by light switch locations.
Food: price-bookended by Denny's and Chop. Skipped the former, enjoyed the latter.
One last thing: there's an indoor tennis building (bubble type) on site. It's a separate business from the hotel, whose staff don't know its features or prices.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear imac4444,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We appreciate you stayed with us.

We hope to sere you again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

we booked the suite for our daughters birthday, as she likes to do that for special occasions. we do that on the monthly basis . this is one of the most disgusting hotel we ever stayed in. very poor service, very run down room,wal paper coming off, stain on bedsheet, when we checked in qe had carton of milk and old food in the fridge from previous guest. the furniture was incomplete as the day bed was missing a drawer. which was 1st thing we saw as we opened the room. old pillows, we also called front desk to complai. anout old.food in fridge and counter, apart from saying nothing wss done not did they offer to come up and clean up the old food. also there was no instructions given to show the way to room. it was like maze and had to walk around up and down for 30 min b4 we found our room. at the time of checkout we stated the above issue and wanted to talk to front office manager. they took our number and said she will call back. its been 2 week no call or emails. never staying again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank arianamush

Dear Arianamush,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We'll definitely use it to train our staff as we always strive to ensure we make our guests stay memorable.
In your case, we obviously failed. Please accept my sincrere apologies.

Sincrely,

Reviewed August 8, 2018

I booked for only one night, as it was a nice bridge between traveling from White Rock (40 minutes south) and the airport; I always stay overnight in Richmond before my flight at YVR. This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel.

This is where all the airline flight attendants and pilots stay too. Each trip on the shuttle bus was packed with various airline crew, which I thought must be a good sign. I was right. This is a very convenient hotel with three pools, three restaurants close by (one in house), and 24 hour airport shuttle service. Check in was pleasant and quick; this is a very spread out resort hotel so you may need to turf it quite a way to get to your room.

The room was well insulated so I wasn't disturbed by outside noise, either from the airport nearby, the pool just outside my room, or the adjoining hallway and suites. The room temperature control is quiet and works well. Wifi connection was strong and secure. I would stay here again, although it is more expensive than the close by sister hotel, Sandman Inn, or the nearby Travelodge, which I've used in the past. For someone looking for a quiet overnight hotel, the former would work as well (the TL was noisy the two times I stayed there), if you don't need the amenities.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Peter C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for your kind words.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

As the taxi pulled in we were feeling a little uneasy judging from the hotel's grubby grey brown exterior.

However, once inside, we were pleasantly surprised by the well presented room, the rain shower in the bathroom and general facilities - the "Moxies" grill bar has excellent beer at a reasonable price and in happy hour (15.00 - 18.00) there are some decent aperitivo dishes and drinks (great Californian red).

The business lounge on each floor allowed us access to PCs and printers to print off our boarding passes and the shuttle to the airport was well organised. A late stay in the room until 13.00 was also a bonus when you have a late afternoon flight like us.

There were 2 small disadvantages:

- a long way from Richmond Centre and its wonderful Japanese and Chinese restaurants, we took a taxi ( costing 14 CAD)

- there was no bathroom extractor fan and the steam from the shower set off the smoke alarm

All in all a comfortable stay and probably preferable (in terms of comfort & facilities) to the more central La Qunita which is our usual haunt but was fully booked this time round.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Jeff H,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for your staying with us.

We hope to serve you again soon.

Sincrerely,