All reviewschop steakhousecolumbia towerdenny's restaurantsteve nash gymoutdoor poolsmall balconyhot tubfree parkingvancouver airportrooms are niceevery half hourrichmond arealong flightshuttleyvrfreewaycouch
Reviewed September 17, 2015

We have stayed at many hotels, and I must admit I usually give 5 Star reviews - if everything goes to plan with sleep, food,staff, parking etc, then I feel why give a negative review? Stayed here for 2 nights, the room was big enough, the beds were comfortable and we slept well. However, had very different experiences with the staff we interacted with - at check-in, there was one serving a client, one on the phone, two others just stood there chatting without even acknowledging me. Had another reason to go to the desk, the employee was new, so wanted to ask her colleague - I'm fine with that, however, the colleague did not look at her, and preferred to basically covert with another male member of staff right in front of me. Our card keys stopped working, an employee brought a new one up to us, said it would not work if placed in a wallet or by a cell phone - um, OK, where should we place it? I always put my card key in my wallet and have never had an issue with other hotel chains. Although we did not hear any noise from the adding nightclub, we found parking to be difficult at times. I have seen many comments from the manager saying they will speak with the staff about customer service, either it has;t happened yet, or they are not listening! Next time we stay in Richmond, we will pick another hotel, both my wife and three year old said they would have preferred the Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Deb-Mark
Franklin J, General Manager at Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2015

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am disappointed to learn that your interaction with our team members was not up to the standard we have set forth. Please be assured your comments will be addressed with our team members. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sandman Signature Hotel & Resort Vancouver Airport to enable us to create a better experience for you.

Franklin Jackson - CHA | Executive General Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

An older hotel, but none the less well maintained. The location was the main reason for staying here- it is situated minutes from Vancouver airport. Service was good; the room was clean, tidy and well presented. If you are just passing through Vancouver enroute to else where, then it make sense to minimise the time spent in a cab and stay here.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank LyndonW47
Franklin J, General Manager at Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is wonderful to hear from our valued guests and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

I did not have high expectations based on some previous reviews and I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is as pictured, and the room was clean. My children enjoyed the pool and especially the waterslide. Although the hotel is near the airport, we could barely hear the planes and we heard no noise from the hallways. I think it helps that there are not that many rooms per floor in the towers. I would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2015

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

We stayed here one night 8/6/15 and were allocated a room in the so-called Colonial Suites - the room clearly in need of some refurbishing which may have explained the missing items including any tea/coffee making items. Took two trips by a staff member to try and rectify this (he forgot to bring cups, does that tell you anything?). Noisy overnight with unexplained irregular banging noise up to after 11pm and again from 5am, no help or assistance from the hotel - we weren't the only ones to notice this and complain. Long walk to room so we felt disinclined to change rooms after a long flight and body clock saying it was 3 am. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: maybe insist on a room in the tower block as may be better quality.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blatchp

Dear Trip Advisor Memebr,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. We do apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced during your stay with us. Please rest assured further to your comments we will reitterate our noise/disturbance policy with our gym patrons. We look foward to welcoming you back to create a positive experience for you.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

Although this is clearly an older hotel, it was obviously well maintained. I am used to a slightly better amenities offering at a place in this price range but I don't have any real complaints.

The breakfast buffet is good, but very overpriced and (at least on my visits) crowded. Luckily there are many choices for food in the parking lot or within a short walk. They also have passes for the (very nice) gym next door if you ask at the desk!

Room Tip: They all seem perfectly fine, although there is a rather rowdy bar in the back which might be loud
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.