“Really Nice Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Calgary
“Really Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

It is a modern hotel with a Denny's, Shark Club and Chop Restaurant as well. Very clean rooms with elevator security to boot. It also has an airport shuttle. Steve Nash fitness is also on the premises. Would stay again for sure

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

When leaving for 16 days in the Middle East, we looked for economical parking. It is very expensive at YVR. We were delighted to find that Sandman would provide free parking, airport shuttles and a night at the hotel for just $119 plus tax. Having awakened at 2 am in Jerusalem (5pm the day before in BC) we were very tired when we arriverd at 8:30 pm. The room was very nice, clean, a coffee pot, and a great nights rest. As well, one of our group had missed her connection to Calgary. The office assisted me in allowing me to use their business office, and front desk telephone. We were able to connect with the husband in Calgary.

We know where we will stay next time we travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My business trip took me here for a 2 night stay. My check in was very efficient and I ended up in room 211 overlooking the pool. Unfortunately I found it very noisy as it was near the highway. I had called the front desk and they very quickly located another room for me, this time in a tower on the 17th floor. The view was very nice and for the most part it was quiet! I also found that the rooms in the tower were more spacious then the low rise building that overlooks the pool. While I did not use the balcony, it did have a small table and 2 chairs which would be nice on a summer day.

The hotel has a few dining options located on the property and since the first night it was raining, I decided to grab a bite ad Denny's which is attached to the hotel so I never got wet...bonus! The 2nd night I ended up at Chop house which is across from the lobby. While the food was just ok, the service was very good.

Another plus is that this hotel has free parking and a free shuttle to the airport which runs every 30 minutes and takes about 10 min to get to.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or would like a bigger room, ask for a room in one of the towers.
1 Thank Travelchick20
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here in March on a trip with boxer puppies on their way to new homes. One was flying out to Regina and hence we needed to be near the airport. They have pet friendly rooms that are so convenient on the back parking lot so you can just open the sliding door and take the pooch for a walk. The rooms are very nice. They no longer have a shuttle to the river rock casino which is a major pain because it was horrible weather and I didn't want to drive anymore and besides parking is expensive at the casino. Nice area other that that, close to Ikea, shopping mall, resaurants, dollar store. Nice and quiet.

Toronto, Can
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for 9 days for a business trip, and it's pretty standard. The lobby is quite nice, and the room was decent. If I had to stay near the airport again, would stay again. Close proximity to everything.

1 Thank Luv-to-vacation_77
Galiano Island, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I brought my family to the airport and needed to use the room for a few hours with the family and then stay alone overnight. The service at the desk was superb, friendly and knowledgeable. The service for my pet was awesome. The restaurant also provided excellent service. The room was clean and the products are very pleasant and environmentally friendly. I would recommend this for anyone staying close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tlccournoyer
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here again recently in 2013 using Hotwire. Overall, the hotel is clean although we noticed a dirty coffee cup lid which was just put on top of the coffee cups. Washroom is kind of dark and small. I would generally choose the Holiday Inn YVR (on Cambie) or Four Points Richmond over this property.

Free parking is a plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Richmond hotels
City Centre
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport

Been to Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!