“Fantastic bakery in Steveston”

The Sweet Spot Bakery
Ranked #2 of 14 Bakeries in Richmond
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic bakery in Steveston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I do not really consider this a restaurant. It is really a bakery with a couple of seats to taste their delicious food. You can buy something and sit there and have a coffee. I have always taken what I buy there home. I have lived in Steveston for several years and I would go by this place and it would either be closed or I would just walk by. One day I walked in and I am glad I didn't go in earlier or I would have been there too often. I think it is one of the finest bakeries I have been to in the lower mainland. While their croissants aren't the best they are still really good and maybe in the top five i have had in the lower mainland. I make a habit of looking for good croissants and i won't eat most of them I see but I eat these and they are good. They are not just a piece of bread shaped like a croissant. They are buttery and light on the inside and flaky with just a touch of crustiness on they outside. The almond croissants are also good. They have really wonderful fruit tortes, mousses, chocolate products and a nice variety of really tasty baked goods.Their sweet pastries are not overly sweet like some can be. They are just good. I feel like I am in a French bakery there. They have good quiches and soups to take home. The maple walnut ice cream they make is among the best I have had. This place is a real little gem in little Steveston.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Across the board good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I rode down today and hit all my boxes at the Sweet Spot. I had an amazing chicken and Brie sandwich, which was worth taking note of. I also tried a croissant which was just right. It wasn't too oily but really buttery and soft. I got a macaroon too, and I swear it had an entire coconut in it. It was still warm and so chewy and good it lasted all day. The center was just melting. Most importantly the service was great. They were so nice and got me the warm macaroon and even switched the carafe to a fresh pot for a young whippersnapper like myself! Would recommend to anyone.

Richmond, Canada
“Lovely pastries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can't believe I've lived here so long and didn't know about this place. The pastries are excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Richmond, Canada
“The best outside of France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This little pattisserie turns out the most amazing desserts.
I can honestly say they are the best I have had since I lived in France.
The whole family is mad about the macaroons and we have even shipped then to family in Toronto as a special treat.
My son also adores the creme brulee which is perfect.
If you hate sickly sweet north american style desserts this is the place for you.

Please note it is not a restaurant but you can buy coffee and they have a little bar area to eat your desert if you can't wait to get it home

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank ROBO35
Surrey, Canada
“Stunning, immaculate food that is worth a journey.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am fortunate enough to live within walking distance of this foodie paradise, and I'm glad I can walk - otherwise I'd weigh twice more than I do now. This tiny gem in the heart of Steveston village is simply the best bakery I've every been to in BC. Immaculate, French-style pastry that uses the very best ingredients and quite a lot of talent to produce incredibly yummy desserts. Whenever we have guests stay, I'm walking over to get their "pains-au-chocolat", croissants, and brioche - quality is consistently excellent, we've never been disappointed. I brought in their pastries for a French client once and he now demands pastry from this shop when he takes a business trip to Vancouver. I haven't tried their savory items or their ice cream - we're still exploring their desserts. An addition to croissants, their chocolate flourless cookie, chocolate sable cookies, and apple tarte are scrumptious as well. Bottom line - if you think you'll like it, you will! Absolutely incredible place, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013