“Not impressed with the ribs”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 921 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar Richmond, a casual restaurant featuring full menus and bar, near the Vancouver-Blaine Highway and Vancouver International Airport. Open late.
Golden, Canada
“Not impressed with the ribs”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Attached to the Sandman hotel, Moxies is convenient for the traveller. But we were very dissatisfied with the food. My traveling companion and I both ordered the ribs. Dried out, overcooked, with remnants of burnt sauce. Came with stuffed potato which was good, but the seasonal vegetable was diced sweet potato. Huh? Had a lime margarita which was decidedly one of the worst that I have ever been served. If you have to stay there order an appy and lots of beer to avoid disappointment.

• Visited November 2013

Victoria, Canada
“terrible experience”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times as I stay in the hotel next door most times I'm in town. I can honestly say that I have never been a big fan but to their credit the kitchen is open late and I have had a decent steak here before. But the food portions are so small I have to go to the a & w for a burger after dinner, but I,m used to small portions here in Canada. we seem to just except the fact that we are being ripped off, as prices go up and portions get smaller.
Anyways went in around 11 pm for a late dinner, and the place had maybe ten people there, the waitress started out ok got us a couple of drinks and than took our order for an appitizer to share, I said we needed more time to decide for our main dishes. well that was the last time we saw her. She clean table all around us served the table of 5 next to us all the while our appy plate was empty aswell as our beers and the two waters. maybe twenty minutes later she rudely says to me do you want to order anything else or should I get you the bill.I replied why are u ignoring our table we wanted to order lots more twenty minutes ago but now we are honestly a bit put off and think maybe we should just getpay the bill. I tell upon bringing the debit machine that we are going to get dinner somewhere else nearby and She burst into laughter,, says I'll get the manager and walks away. The manager comes over starts with an apology and and says "oh it's to bad you already paid your bill I would have given you a discount". So instead she comes back with two shots of yagermiester. I don't drink hard alchohal and I'm a forty year old man and this is not some college bar on spring break. so I just got up and left and will never go back. terrible restaurant that only hires young tarts who spend more time socializing with each other than doing their jobs. So much for getting dinner at the hotel before flying out the next morning. moxies is nothing special, overpriced generic food and drinks that I could make better at home. We walked down the street to the shark club and had a great meal with great service, don't waste your time or money, at moxies when there is a better restaurant two minute walk down the street. Like most chain generic restaurants in the Vancouver area you fail. now off to Vegas for some real hospitality experience.

• Visited November 2013
Whitehorse,Yukon
“Great meal..great service..great value”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We received absolutely great service from the staff immediately upon entering the premises. The food was wonderful.

Visited October 2013
Ottawa
“Excellent service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Surprised by the quality for a restaurant chain. The food was tasty and the service was excellent. Prices are in the mid-range.

Visited August 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Good Food/Service”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Food was consistent with what you expect from Moxie's. it is well prepared and good quality. The service was very good and the staff were friendly and accommodating.

Visited June 2013