“Waterfront hideaway!”

Neighborhood: Steveston
Richmond, Canada
“Waterfront hideaway!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We experienced the Mandalay recently because of an attractive promotion. It worked! We returned not long after our first visit, to experience another great sunset meal, delivered with friendly service.

Visited September 2012

White Rock, Canada
“Hard to find or phone”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

1 - Making phone reservations was awful. I tried multiple times over the course of a month before they answered the phone. If I didn't have a gift certificate I would've given up. Also, their hours aren't posted anywhere online or in their phone message when you call. They ARE posted by the entrance to the restaurant but seem to be closed randomly as well.

2 - Hard to find the entrance (its around behind the Hog Shack - follow the red elephant footprints).

3 - They have a wonderful fruit flavored beer that I'm glad the waitress recommended to me.

4 - While my husband loved his Chicken Tagliattelle, my Seafood Tagliattelle's mussels seemed undercooked & my cream sauce had a very gritty texture (almost like I was eating shell pieces)

• Visited October 2012
Vancouver
“Great view, great food!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We reserved a table for a Sunday late afternoon and got a table with an amazing view of the water. We were treated to fantastic dinner including steak and seafood. Our waitress was extremely pleasant and she made perfect menu recommendations. Athough this restaurant is not visible from the roadside, take the time to search out the entrance and stop for a meal. It wasn't extremely busy the evening that we were there but it may be best to try to make a reservation. Well worth the money!!

• Visited July 2012
Vancovuer, BC
“Nice place Nice location”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Right on the river so its a beautiful view. the only traffic you see are the boats going by. It around back of the building so the street traffic is hidden away. Nice atmosphere and decor.
I tried the pork chop special. Nothing special about it. My wife had the butter chicken and loved it. Pretty good value though.

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Restaurant in Steveston”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

They are located right on the water with amazing view. Great patio space for warm weather and beautiful decorated interior. They have friendly service and yummy food. All the seafood we order is fresh and delicious and steak is well cooked. Making phone reservation is hard because usually no one answers. We'll be back again for the food for sure!

• Visited September 2012