“Worst beef and noodle in my 30 years in Vancouver”

Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle
Ranked #89 of 956 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Neighborhood: City Centre
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Four of us looked forward to this highly-rated restaurant but we were so very disappointed. The beef smelled like low-quality lamb and the noodles were semi-cooked. The soup was lukewarm. This was the worst Chinese food we had in North America in 35 years.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It is authentic and reasonably priced. The decor is nicely done. My kids enjoyed it too. They have a good selection.

1  Thank famvacMontreal
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We tried their 4 "champion" noodles, and they were all delicious! The portion sizes and prices seemed a little on the high side, for Chinese noodle soup...but not so high that it stopped us from going back a 2nd time! We appreciated that they accept credit cards.

1  Thank safejourneys
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lower Mainland, B.C. has a tonne of Taiwanese restaurants, some authentic and some not so much. Taiwanese beef noodles are among the best-tasting Taiwanese food in my opinion, and Chef Hung does it probably as well as anyone in town (with the exception of Favor Eat World of Crystal Mall in Burnaby).

The service is fast and decently friendly. The restaurant is spacious, with a couple of private rooms for larger parties (of around 8 to 10 at the most).

Strictly on the beef noodles, Chef Hung deserves a five-star rating. Its beef is tender, the soup base rich (with no MSG too!), and the noodles are outstanding. Chef Hung has been expanding its menu to include drinks and other snacks. I find the beef and pork rolls to be of very good quality as well, but they certainly are not in the same class as their beef noodles. The specialty Taiwanese drinks we did not try - word is that you can get higher quality Taiwanese specialty drinks elsewhere in Richmond (Bubble World and Tea Well come to mind).

So overall, I love Chef Hung for the things that it is heralded to do well. For an authentic, fresh, and tasty Taiwanese beef noodle in Richmond, I can think of no better places.

1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We lived for 6 years in Taipei and Beef Noodle soup was my favorite Taiwanese dish. This restaurant specializes in Beef Noodle soup and after finding it by chance and I took 1 back to the hotel I was forced by my teenage children to return the next day for the noodles as a snack. They are very authentic, reasonably priced and very very tasty. It was a real pleasure to enjoy Taipei quality Beef Noodle soup again and I highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Warren007