“Worthy of its award”

Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Neighborhood: City Centre
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed June 20, 2012

After reading that this noodle house won the 23rd annual Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards for Best Noodle House (Gold) in 2012, I decided to visit it to see whether it is worthy of its award.

I arrived at 12.45pm. Within half an hour, the place was packed. We were seated quickly.

I ordered the braised beef tendon with noodle in spicy soup. I had a choice in the kind of noodles I wanted. I chose their house noodle. It's broad width is similar to Chinese rice noodles but a bit wavy like lasagna.The tendon was very tender. The soup was sweet, spicy and tasty. I cleaned my bowl and drank every ounce of soup that had no MSG in it. I wanted to try its side dishes but was too full to do so. Will definitely return again to try other dishes. Total price for my bowl of noodles was $10.95.

2  Thank PickyTaster

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was taking someone to a doctors appointment in Aberdeen Centre which happened to end right around noon. We knew of a half decent Chinese restaurant in the mall proceeded to go there. To our surprise it was gone and in it's place was Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle House.
My first worry was that it looked like it might be expensive but we took the chance and went in.
We were greeted very quickly and courteously and seated immediately. And to our surprise the menu looked very inexpensive.
There was three of us eating lunch and my wife ordered a spicy beef noodle dish (which was big enough to share with her father). She is originally from Taiwan so here opinion really counted here. She was very happy and said the beef was tender and flavours where perfect. Just like in Taiwan.
My dish was roast beef rolled in a pastry. The taste was amazing!
We also ordered some chive cakes and radish pancakes for my kids to eat after school. They loved them!
The bill came... Total price: $33. Wow! We plan on visiting Chef Hung's as often as possible. It's our new "favourite" restaurant!

1  Thank 85punkrock
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Yes, that is what i felt after I have partaken of the Champion Beef Shank Noodle! Delicious to the last piece and drop! I have eaten at this establishment more than 3 times already and every time the noodle is still same, filling and heart-warming! We were 10 in the group most living in Richmond, B.C. and half missed more than half of their lives because they have not been to this restaurant! And talk about some of them being to most of tasty restaurants and they have not been to this one yet. This is amazing! I will always recommend Chef Hung to friends and family.

2  Thank QuietSpot
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is for the West Vancouver Location.

We came here for Chinese new years with the Parents!

Great friendly service. The noodles are very good and the soup portions are large.

We had three appetizers and I couldn't eat all my soup which will make a great lunch today!

I had the #3, Flat noodles with Braised beef in Tomatoe broth.

1  Thank Sharonbader
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Aberdeen Centre feels exactly like a transplanted Hong Kong shopping center, and the opportunities to both shop and eat well are plentiful. We liked Chef Hung so much that we returned a second time in three days. Despite the very authentic menu, the "award-winning" noodles with beef in a tomato broth would appeal to those who even normally shun Chinese food. The other noodle dishes and side dishes were great. My wife loved the selection of flavored teas.

1  Thank HenryW