“Try their Kisamos Platter”
Review of Kisamos

Kisamos
Ranked #39 of 913 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Steveston
Vancouver, BC
“Try their Kisamos Platter”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a popular Greek retaurant located in historic Steveston Village, i have been here twice, once with a group of friends and once with my wife. Both times, it was busy so I would recommend reservations. I like Greek food and Kisamos' food is good. My wife and I ordered their Kisamos Platter which had almost everything as a sampler for about $40. There was a ton of meat and seafood arranged on a platter with a separate plate of rice pilaf and potatoes. We had to pack half of it home.

Visited July 2014

Delta, Canada
“Generous servings,romantic spot”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Everything about Kisamos is excellent. The only drawback is a few strangely placed tables. Be sure to get a great seat and you can't go wrong. Some tables are bit noisy near kitchen or situated near entry so can be a bit awkward to maneuver..

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Quaint lil cozy restaurant. Family dinner on a holiday, even with reservations we waited for over an hour till our food was served; the waitress did apologize yet observing take-out service being twice as quick was slightly discouraging. However food was worth the wait, lil pricey than most but generous portions. Friendly & attentive service. This may sound weird but only real complaint was stability of chairs for older adults, we attended w 88 yr old grma and the chairs seem to slide no grip with tile floors = caution while sitting down! Anyhow will probably return for a evening not on a holiday as a couple. I would recommended this place to a friend!

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Ontario
“Overpriced & not great Greek food”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went here for lunch, so I have to preface that I'm a foodie & I'm used to good Greek food from Toronto. Not all Greek restaurants are great in Toronto, but after trying a few, I found THE one that has great dolmades & chicken lemon rice soup (Avgolemono).

So I was excited to try this place when I realized they had both.

The Dolmades' lemon sauce was bland, not thick, & I don't know what was inside, all I could taste was cinnamon. I ate it because I was hungry.

The Avgolemono was okay, but certainly not upto my standards. Watery & certainly not very flavorful. I'm used to the thick version where you can really taste the broth & lemon..

I also ordered moussaka because I recently had GREAT moussaka in Las Vegas of all places & this one was TERRIBLE. No flavour, the potatoes weren't whipped & the beef tasted overcooked.

The accompanying Greek salad was bland. I don't think there was any dressing on it & instead of cubes or crumbled feta, it was shaved so there was no real feta taste.

The Greek potatoes which I normally love as no one makes potatoes like the Greeks, were again passable, but certainly didn't have the true flavour I was looking for.

I wasted over $30 (around $35 with tip) & while I took it with me, it got left in the fridge because I flew out 2 days later. I was hoping to somehow salvage the meal, but I'm just not in my own kitchen & there was no time. It was a waste of my hard earned money.

Again, I know what good Greek food is & this is not even passable in my opinion.

The waitress was friendly & quick, so she was the highlight of the entire experience.

I also have to say that I went to another restaurant in this area of Richmond & it also wasn't great, so I won't ever be staying in Richmond again if I go back to Vancouver.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank sensualspirit
Doncaster
“Value for money”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just had a delicious meal well cooked and very tasty. Don't eat lunch if you are going for dinner as the portions are huge. I had lamb souvlaki which was so tender. My friend had half of hers boxed as there was so much. Lovely atmosphere and very good service.

• Visited July 2014