“Excellent Food with mixed service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: East Cambie
Vancouver
“Excellent Food with mixed service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Went there on a Friday night and arrived around 6pm. Within 15 minutes the place was full and a line formed at the door. A steady stream of take out customers coming in and out.
We ordered several orders of butter chicken and a combo plate which lets you choose 3 entrees for $1 more. All dishes were just excellent and include rice, naan and papadom. Dishes all about $13.
Service was a bit of a miss. They forgot our drink orders twice but did keep checking in on us. I know it was really busy.
Still would go back as the food was very good.

• Visited April 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Indian Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The service was slow and the food was average. I took my fiance to have his favorite food here and it turned out to be a dissapoiting experience for the both of us.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Teresa R
New Brunswick, Canada
“So good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Got takeout here and holy, was I surprised. For $26.00 I think I got 7 lbs of food! A huge order of butter chicken, a huge order of rice, a huge order of aloo gobi and naan bread. There was enough to FEED a family of four. I swear it was so good I ate so much I couldn't sleep. You should definitely eat this food. I will be back here if I find myself in Richmond again. Wow, not disappointed at all!

Toronto, Canada
“Best Indian Food in Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found this restaurant in 2009 and am obsessed with it. In fact, when I first found it I dined there 5 of 7 days.
I live in Ontario and visit BC often as a close friend lives there. The last time she visited me I asked her to bring me some Kona on the plane and she obliged. And I was super happy to find that I had a four hour lay over recently in YVR so I could see my friend and get my Kona fix.
They have the best butter chicken I have ever tasted. It is soft, moist, flavourful and with just enough spice (they do ask if you want mild, medium or hot when ordering). Portions are large enough for sharing, though I would bathe in this stuff if I could.
Service is great and the place is a little dated but the food is out of this world.
If I could marry their butter chicken, I would.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christina_Moorshead
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious Indian Food but Very Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ate here on a Saturday night with reservation. The tiny restaurant was packed with people waiting for table and waiting for take out. All their dishes are delicious, but we have to wait for over an hour for the food to come. Make sure you make a reservation before eating here or else the wait will be even longer.

• Visited September 2012