“Real fish &chips”

Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Fresh fish in the right setting. No wonder there are long line ups here. Sitting out in the sun eating fish &chips is my idea of heaven!

1  Thank kay4dave

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have not been to Pajo's in years. I always rated this very best fish and chips until this past Saturday.
We happened to be in the neighbourhood and I started to get the 'Pajo's' cravings. Down the wharf we went. I looked at their menu and noticed the high prices. We ordered the small halibut. It came out with their famous ultra light batter. Once we got settled we noticed the fish was very thin, so thin that when they deep fried it, the edges were hard and dried out.
I was so disappointed as this was no longer the Pajo's quality I used to know. I would never return for this over priced disappointment.

6  Thank Sharon_Love-to-Visit
Reviewed June 15, 2014

A lot of fish and chips shops in Steveston say they are the best, but Pajo's is the real deal. Their batter is light, flaky and never over-cooked. Their fish is fresh as fresh can be, or at least it tastes that way. Their fries are real potatoes and the service is always efficient. It has to be, the place is jumping most of the time. At least one of their workers has been there for 20 years, and the expertise shows. More seating would be great, or maybe different seating as it is uncomfortable. You will wait, but it will be worth it!

1  Thank drbecca
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Pajo's is simply the best fish and chips in Richmond, or anywhere. Portions are very generous. The fish has a very thin batter letting you really enjoy the fish itself, and fries are not greasy at all.

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The experience of going down on the wharf to order one of the freshest plates or cones of 'Fish'n'Chips' from Pajo's is truly unforgettable. The atmosphere makes you want to add the vinegar and salt to the chips, and dip your fish into Pajo's special sauce. Just be careful; the seagulls are right there with you.

1  Thank Chips1951