“Good except Internet not reliable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Nelson, Canada
“Good except Internet not reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable room and bed. Free airport shuttle. Great views. The Restuarant is great. Front desk was very accommodating.

I neede the Internet and it was slow and unreliable. Not walking distance to any stores.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Terry N

Thank your for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I am glad that our team and restaurant met your needs. In regards to the internet, I apologize if the speed did not meet your requirements. We recently upgrade our internet services and the final touches of Delta Hotels Internet XL should be completed in the coming week and I am sure our service will meet your needs on your next stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel for 3 nights recently. When we arrived, the car park appeared quite full, but upon walking into the reception, it looked deserted. There was only a person at the counter and she was on the phone when I arrived. She didn't even acknowledge my presence and just kept on talking on the phone for the next 10 minutes or so. When we finally got to the room, we were not impressed by the condition, nor were we happy with the lack of a microwave and refrigerator. Wired internet connection was not very good, and wifi was very weak. The next two nights, we got two bottles of spring water each which led me to believe they forgot to provide them on our first night. I was also not very happy to have to pay for car parking, considering the location and the 3/4* status of the hotel. All in all it was a pretty disappointing stay indeed and I don't think I can recommend this hotel except perhaps if you need to stay really close to the airport and have no choice.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear S-Voyager

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations on your recent stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay in further detail so I can use this as a learning experience for our team.

Stoney creek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I checked in four days ago and have been daily impressed with someone in this hotel. From the check in to the little extras these folks have made my stay so comfortable. Tonight I order room service, a simple club sandwich. Well nothing is simple here. Fresh chicken, well grilled, lovely thick bacon, and an incredible house made sauce. The service was quick and everything was hot and fresh. The pier 73 is a wonderful choice for dinner as well. The pool is clean, my room was spotless and kept that way daily by incredible room attendants. I'd would stay here again and again and believe I'm hard to impress. Bravo to the staff fan management at the Delta on Cessna in Vancouver. Thank you for making my maiden stay in Vancouver so comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't forget the spa services here, massage therapist is gifted
1 Thank Sharon Q
Dear Sharon Q

It was great to read your review of our hotel and I am glad to hear that our team made a great impression on your first visit to Vancouver.

Enjoy your summer, I hope you have a chance to enjoy an ice cone from Stoney Creek Dairy this coming summer.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was offered to purchase an upgrade to the Signature Club level and I was very glad I did. For a very reasonable upcharge you get access to their lounge with unlimited soft drinks, water, coffee and tea as well as some appetizers, late check out and breakfast were also included.
The front desk staff were friendly and welcoming, the entire hotel was clean, my room was comfortable, good size, comfy bed and even the marina view was pleasant. Easy access to the airport or even Vancouver. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Dear LBC3691

We look forward to having you back as our guest on your next rip to Vancouver.

Barry
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've stayed here a few times in the last few years, always very pleased. In particular, the staff are super. Very good rooms, amenities about average, lots of little touches to enhance the stay. Meeting facilities are very good.

Room Tip: Going downtown? Take the hotel shuttle to the casino and catch the SkyTrain - easy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear 5Brokies

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We look forward to seeing back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The nicest group of employees work here. Its an older building but the rooms have been renovated so you won't even notice once you're inside. Always a pleasant stay with free shuttle service to and from the airport.
Gem Baysan

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gem

Thank you for taking the time to write your post after your recent stay with us. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.

Cranbrook, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel several times a year until a year ago when I retired. I loved it then and I love it now.

The property itself is an older building but it has had a lot of upgrades. The rooms are modern, quiet and have great beds.

The best thing about this property is the staff. They always take time to talk to you, are very helpful and seem to be really concerned with you and your stay.

This continues to be my go to hotel at Vancouver Airport.

Dear Disco_David

It is great to read your comments about our team as they take great pride in level of service they deliver to each and every guest.

We look forward to seeing you back again very soon.