“Super shuttle service, very comfortable beds”

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Delta last night on our way back from Mexico. I got an excellent rate on priceline.com. I was very impressed with the shuttle service, it runs 24/7 every 20 minutes. It was nice not to have to wait too long in the rain. What impressed me most was that at 11:45 PM the hotel had 2 agents at check in. Normally this late there is only one and that makes check in a pain, ours was fast and effecient. The rooms were very clean and the beds probably the most comfortable I've slept in. We stayed in bed until 11AM. Room service was excellent (eggs Benny) and fast. The hotel extended our check out by an hour without question. The only downside is that we were woken several times early in the morning by other guests leaving the hotel. Next time I'll request a room away from the elevator. I travel a lot and the Delta airport is now my go-to when I need to stay in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BCShel
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear BCShel

Thank your for the great review. I am glad to hear that we will become your hotel of choice when in Vancouver. Be sure to sign up for our Delta Privilege Program so you can enjoy the benefits adn we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Room and facilities good value for the room price. The shuttle was always on time so we could count on it. The room was comfortable with all you want for an overnight stay for the airport. The only little niggle was that there was not mirror in the room so I couldn't put on make up while my husband was showering. I have sent the hotel a comment regarding this so hope they put in that convenience. The first stay on our way to our holiday required a 3.30am start! The front desk was very helpful suggesting they could have coffee sent up at 3am. A nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yellow666

Dear by yellow666

Thank you for your feedback. All rooms should have a full length mirror in the entrance area and we also have a few make up mirrors that can be requested from our housekeeping department. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at barry.johnson@deltahtoels.com with your room number so I can double check the room myself.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

As we are located on Vancouver Island and often fly out from Vancouver, we have to have parking for a vehicle while we are away. Few hotels offer this but, Delta offers free park and fly service that we have enjoyed on many occasions that allows us peace of mind and convenience that otherwise would be a huge concern for our vacation planning. And to top that off, I complained once about the quality of their linens and I was contacted immediately, assured they were doing something about this and because of their exceptional response I was anxious to give them more business and see just what may have been done. It was fantastic! I love quality linens and they exceeded my expectations. What a lovely haven to return to on our way home, fresh, crisp, full bodied linens that pampered...way to go Delta!!!! Thank you for making our beginning and return from vacations more of a pleasure, as for us Islanders it is a costly and inconvenient stopover and we now relish the transition at the Delta!!! PS, the restaurant and lounge are are also excellent as is the cafe for breakfasts!

Room Tip: The quality of rooms has been consistent anywhere in the building although We have always been on th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyCatzVictoria_BC

Dear HappyCatzVictoria_BC

I am glad the hear that our Park and Fly Package works so well for you coming from the Island and that our food and beverage team took great care of you as well.

We look forward to hosting you before and after on your next adventure.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Arrived late - 130 am from Hawaii and proceeded to shuttle area. Shuttle was 10 minutes, driver very friendly. Reminded us about daylight saving coming into effect that night. Hotel checkin was excellent, friendly helpful. Room was very nice, clean and well equipped. Left at 0700 in the morning, shuttle was full when we got down. No problem, they went and brought a hotel van out, loaded us in and took us to the airport. Shuttle efficiency alone was enough to put this hotel on the stay in Vancouver list.

Room Tip: Our room had two double beds and faces a freeway, we did not hear a thing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear rdf254 (Saskatoon)

Great to hear that were able to ensure your short six hours here went as well as could be expected. We look forward to having you back for a longer visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Feb 24th and Mar 11th 2013 before and after our trip to Mexico. We stay at this hotel mainly for five reasons, one we enjoy the hotel employee's happiness and services and the beautiful rooms with our favorite views of the sunrise and river. Rooms have been updated and decore and ammenities are very adequate.Stayed in room 1011 view of Richmond. Second stay room 1003 beautiful view of river which we exactly requested. Welcome message on phone, water bottles very comfortable king bed(Delta Dreamer Beds). Some stays as Gold Class our rooms have been up graded with out asking. Can park our vehicle free for two weeks and security is controling the parking lot. With in 10 minutes of the Vancouver Airport and hotel shuttle bus takes us to the air port and comes every 20 minutes or sooner. We have been treated with a welcome smile, any assistance needed was looked after in a efficent manner. Restaurant from this hotel has a very near walk way (which I think should be totally covered at least over head for rain, wind, snow ect.) a interesting view and out door patio as well. Menu has a good asortment for all meal times, but as not usual pub/restaurant menu I feel could add daily specials in food and drinks and some lower priced. It is a much rest full hotel we for many years have enjoyed after our trip flights and late arrivals. The check out time of noon is appreciated. This hotel now this year has a very attrative large turning glass revolving entrance door, classic as we have seen in San Franciso and New York hotels. This is a much improved entrance as lobby does not now get the cool damp wind and temperature stays warm right to the elevators. Managers thanks for making my suggestions come to pass!. One just has to read this hotel reviews and the deciding factor will be convience over the costs you would occur else where while away or coming back to the Vancouver area. I wish to praise these employees for our last two stays as my wife also agrees with the nice front counter attention and a no problem convenience and caring attitude.
Manager at our Feb 24 arrival- Mr. Nick Mackay-Finn who pleasantly gave us a very satisfactory solution for our vehicle parking(as I booked rooms on Air Miles first time and not again!)He approached me with a smile, calm attitude and seemed to care about us. We totally agreed and told him we will be back and thank fully appreciated his decision. Thank You. Danica who asked Nick to speak to me and was very help full and pleasant. Novia Chow front counter night manager was very pleasant when leaving at 630am and we got two wake up calls as suggested.
Stay Mar 11/2013-Front counter lady Brooke(curly black hair,beautiful) assisted my wife with another elevator key in the am with out a problem or inconvenience. Thank You.
Departing-Mr. Paul Nick long time employee was efficent, pleasant and again appreciated the attention and no line up wait and respected our hotel class and attention to all our needs.
Conclusion- We both believe the staff is genuinaly kind and has the attention to our needs.
Hotsand-7.

Room Tip: The 10th floor have great views, quiet but choose sunrise or river or city view. Should you wish fre...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lastingmemory
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Hotsand-7

Thank you for the kind words. It is great to see the impression our team has left with you and your husband as our team takes great pride in the level of service they deliver and it is obvious fromt he names you recall they have left a great impression. We look forward seeing you on the Bon Voyage package before and after your next vacation.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband had business here over a couple days so I tagged along for fun. The room (on the 9th floor) was very comfortable - great bed & duvet!! Bathroom is small (especially the tub - don't expect a soaker) but nicely finished & kept very clean. Very friendly staff throughout. Paid an extra $20 to have an upgrade of using the 9th floor 24 hour lounge which included a free continental breakfast as well as a free 3 hour appy bar (1 hot item) & (not free) liquor bar. Also free drinks in the fridge all the time & a big tv, lots of space to sit & relax.
Helpful staff there (in the lounge) got me some fresh food items for breakfast since I'm celiac & didn't want to risk eating contaminated cheese from the platter. No problem at all!

Pier 73 (restaurant) on site was great for dinner (& hubby said lunch was good there too). I especially liked it since it had a very nice gluten free menu - steak & lobster on it for $27 which I thought quite reasonable & very delicious! Good service too.

Room Tip: 9th floor has 24 hour lounge we enjoyed
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dor81

Dear Dor81

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and it is great to know the gluten free menu is well received.

We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.

Barry

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I choose this hotel when overnighting in Vancouver and making flight connections. They have excellent 24 hour free airporter service to and from YVR, running on the half hour. You can get your boarding pass in the hotel as they cater to airport travellers. They have a nice pub / restaurant on site but I have never eaten breakfast there.
You are about a 15 minute walk to the skytrain / subway station in Richmond and only a short trip to downtown Vancouver by rail.
Clean, quiet, & airport friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank al a
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest (a la)

Thank you for your on line review of the hotel and we look forward to having you back on your next trip out of Vancouver.