“Love the Bon Voyage special”

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed in Delta Vancouver Airport prior to our trip to Cuba as an extended family with four adults and two children.
The hotel was able to give up adjoining rooms. The check in and out process was friendly and very efficient as was the parking arrangement.
The beds were comfortable and everything was spotless. We went to their restaurant for a family meal and found it to be great too.
They have an airport shuttle that runs every 20 minutes and only takes about 5 minutes to get to the departure area. It made a stress free start to our trip with an early flight.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear OnAWalkabout

Thank you for your comments about your stay, I will be sure to pass them on to our team. I am glad both the room and the convenience of the shuttle made your stay.
Also I hope you had a fabulous time in Cuba and we looked forward to having you back as our guest before your next vacation.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

998 - 1,004 of 1,366 reviews

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just stayed here again last night on our way back from our vacation. The hotel staff is just fabulous. They had our room ready with a crib and extra sheets and toiletries as well they had milk and cookies out for our daughter. They also gave her a little care package when we checked in with toys in it. How thoughtful!
The beds are super comfortable and always had a great rest! I love that they have the stay and park package for out of town folks who are going on trips. This hotel is really the best price and stay! I'll be staying here every time we go on vacation and leave out of YVR.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear rebelface1

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope you take lots of vacations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If you would like information on where to purchase a bed that is almost the same as the ones that are made for Delta Hotels please send me an email at barry.johnson@deltahotels.com.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located to the airport and local restaurants. Check0in was professional, courteous and efficient. Staff were well informed of nearby restaurants and city amenities.
Staff called shortly after check-in to see if I was satisfied with the room and if there was anything I needed.

The hotel was recently refurbished and looked fresh, clean, and modern. The room was well appointed and laid out.

Room Tip: although the room overlooking the marina and river was nice, it is on the side on which the planes l...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear KhweziMbolekwa

Thank you very much for sharing your comments after your recent stay with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the airport. After spending almost two weeks in the city, I thought moving to this hotel would make my morning flight out a bit more smooth. On the up side, there is a free shuttle to the airport which was wonderful, but beyond that, my stay at this property was nothing to remember. I wouldn’t make the change to this property again. I checked in around 8:30 on a Sunday evening. It was a cold, rainy, night. I took my luggage to my room which was clean and modern, and went downstairs to get a hot beverage (or so I thought). Unfortunately, this is not an easy task at this property. Their hotel services were pretty well shut down. Again, I realize it was a Sunday evening, but there were no services other than a bar! According to the signage (there were no staff to be found aside from the not so pleasant front desk) the express café, and the inside restaurant were closed. The property’s lounge, which may be wonderful in the summer, or warmer days, or for a cocktail, is out on a dock. I had to go outside, walk up to the “bar” and ask for a beverage to go. Being a “lounge”, the bartender let me know that I would have to order room service. I just felt that this is a bit ridiculous. I marched back out through the pouring rain and up to my room, and went to bed. For breakfast, I headed down to the dining room, and my server was very pleasant. Unfortunately I don’t recall her name. I waited about 20 minutes to be seated in a not overly full dining and decided on the buffet given that I didn’t have a lot of time to waste before heading to the airport. They didn’t have newspapers upon request, but after my meal, the hostess called up to my room to let me know she’d found one which I picked up on my way to my flight. I did appreciate this gesture. Again, the property itself if rather nice, but I unfortunately didn’t have a very positive experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Amanda D

Please accept my apologies for the lack of service we provided on your recent stay with us. Our team takes great pride in the service they deliver and we will take this as opportunity to learn. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at barry.johnson@deltahotels.com to discuss your stay in greater detail as we hope to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although it is an airport hotel we were very pleased with the overall quality. The rooms were immaculately kept, the very comfy beds provided a good night's sleep, the views from the high-floor room were very nice. Can recommend this hotel to anyone, would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear spalatin_01

Thank you very much for taking the time to send in your feedback. It is always great to receive comments such as yours from our international guests . I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team and we look forward to have you as our guest when you return to Canada.

Happy New Year

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here last night after arriving late in from Cabo San Lucas...Gorgeous room, yummy shampoo & soap etc, after a long day travelling, had a nice shower, and crawled into the most comfy bed and had a GREAT sleep!
Woke up, ate a delicious breakfast and then they drove us to the float plane so we could continue our journey home. Excellent staff, front desk people, bell boys and courtesy driver.

Thanks you so much for helping us end our great vacation in a lovely way. We will definitely stay here again and reccomend you to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Pebbles23Nanaimo_BC

Thank you for the wonderful comments, our team takes great pride in the level of service and products they deliver to our guests. If you wish you can purchase the in room amenities directly from June Jacobs on their website so you can enjoy them at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Heat did not work, resturant service was poor, the shuttle service proved unreliable,will NOT be staying there again. This hotel is over priced and under serviced. To get to the resturant you must go outside in the dead of winter. The hotel wants to look upscale but fails when compaired to even a Courtyard brand.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear, Traveler10842

Thank you for your honest feedback. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations from your recent stay with us as . I would appreciate it you could send me an email directly with further detail on the room, the shuttle and outlet you dined in so I may look into these further to ensure all items are addressed. As for the dinner restaurant on the pier I apologize if the short walk was not comfortable but, it is a fabulous location in the summer with the mountain views and planes landing.

I can be reached at barry.johnson@deltahotels.com.