“Perfect place for a night stop over!”

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean, 5 minutes from the airport and they provide free shuttle.
We arrived late evening and left early morning so I did not check all the amenities!
A free breakfast could be a good addition since you are in the middle of no where and the only option is the airport!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your kind feedback after staying with us at the Delta Vancouver Airport hotel. Our location barely minutes away from the airport and the free airport shuttle that runs around the clock provides the peace of mind to every guest.
Thank you for noticing our focus on cleanliness and to provide you with a friendly stay experience.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I spent four days at the Delta Airport this September while working in Vancouver, because the Vancouver hotels cost three times as much. I got a four-star hotel in a great location which was accessible by the Canada Line and close to running paths.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, particulary Arif at the conceirge and Eddie the shuttle bus driver.
Each morning I could go for a run along the Fraser River, eat a buffet breakfast, and then take the shuttle to the airport to get on the Canada Line downtown in 30 minutes.
I hardly missed the convenience and advantage of staying downtown.
I will definitely stay here again in similar circumstances or if flying in or out of Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
Our location close to Vancouver International and domestic airport affords you best of both worlds. Peace of mind knowing that our complimentary shuttle will have you at the airport within minutes and yet ability to visit around Vancouver using the Canada Line sky train and not paying the high room rates of downtown.
Your comments show that you have figured out the best value proposition for staying in Vancouver and enjoying the city on a reasonable expense. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The location is very convenient...located just a short, complementary shuttle away from Vancouver's International Airport, The rooms are very clean and surprisingly quiet given the hotel's proximity to the airport. The staff is very friendly! For instance, I had a very nice chat with the porter who was taking care of our suitcases when we were checking out. I told him that we'd be leaving for a family trip to California and then coming back to the hotel for a quick overnight stay, prior to taking the ferry back to Vancouver Island where we live. Hearing this, he suggested that we leave our car parked at the hotel, rather than at the airport, as I'd originally planned. The hotel's parking rates are at least 50% less expensive than at the airport! So, given the length of our time away, this amounted to a $120-$130 savings in parking alone!! All-in-all, a very pleasant experience...we'll definitely be staying at this hotel again, the next time we have to fly out of Vancouver!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I am thrilled after reading your stay experience at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel. My team here takes genuine pride in looking after your needs and I am glad that they provided recommendations to you. Our location is an absolute strength with the airport just minutes away and yet close to the light rail transit for you to access all the areas of Vancouver.
I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient.
Free shuttle to the airport.
Unfortunately, there is a $14.00 per night charge for parking.
Breakfast is not included in the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am glad that you appreciate the friendly service of the staff at Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Our breakfast is among the best and is appreciated by our guests for it's variety and the service of the Hemisphere North restaurant team.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have booked this hotel for the past 8 years and have never been disappointed. The reason is that the staff and the service are exceptional. When I go there, they remember, as friends would, and it feels like I am appreciated. Arif, the concierge, and Heather, the restaurant hostess welcome me as someone they know. For this alone, I would return, never mind the clean rooms and the comfy beds. On my last visit, my car's battery was dead when I went to leave. Arif and Marcos, the concierges, jump started my car, told me where to go to get a new battery, and made sure I was looked after. I got the battery and made the ferry, thanks to them. I go to Europe 3 times a year and always stay here. Wouldn't consider anywhere else.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
Your feedback is a shot in the arm for everyone working at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel. We are very lucky to have team members like Arif, Marcos and Heather who sincerely care for our guests and want you to enjoy your stay with us.
I am glad that we have your loyalty and assure you that we never take it for granted and thank you for your continued patronage.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a decent hotel close to the Vancouver airport, which we used for one night before departure. We enjoyed having drinks in the waterside restaurant. Efficient shuttle system with a helpful driver.

Only complaints (all of which are minor) are 1. "wired" internet - do people still use this any more? Wireless is available in the lobby. 2. It cost $6 for two hours ($4 for one hour) parking upon check-in, before returning our rental car. 3. The room also had only one queen bed, perhaps my fault for not requesting specific arrangements before or at check-in.

Overall a nice hotel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate the kind feedback after staying with us at the Delta Vancouver Airport. Our Pier 73 restaurant is a great spot for casual dining.

I am happy to inform you that along with the wired Internet we have just finished installing WiFi in majority of our guestrooms. We do have different bed types so please let us know what you prefer and we are happy to arrange that for our guests. We do charge for parking and have made sure that our parking rates are reasonable and competitive.
Thanks again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Delta Vancouver is an attractive, well-kept hotel near the airport with a friendly and helpful staff. It's comparable to four star, excellent properties. Rooms are a nice size, the grounds are attractive, and there's a free, prompt van from the airport. The tram is several blocks away but you can take the van back to the airport to pick it up or, in our case, a staff member drove us to a nearby station (the tram is easy and worth it: it costs about $3.00 versus a cab into the city or harbor, which is closer to $40.00 US). The only negative is food: there is not a complimentary breakfast and their food was good but somewhat pricy. But we'd clearly stay here again when coming into the Vancouver airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for noticing the helpful staff and the excellent location of the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel. With our complimentary airport transportation, that runs around the clock with a pick up and departure every 20 minutes, you can have the peace of mind that we will pick you up at the airport and see you off in a promptly and efficiently.

Our breakfast buffett is among the best, as our guests tell us and for the guests that are not looking for a full breakfast, we also have Starbucks kiosk in the lobby that is open in the mornings.
Thanks again for the wonderful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again.